A Hook Just for me, Take a peek

Katchkan

Last night I was presented with the rest of my Christmas present from my friend, Brian, Again I had my socks knocked off when he gave it to me. What a beautiful and wonderful gift. I have been explaining to him that us poor threadies don't have many options for wood hooks, None that are trully ergonomically correct. So I loaned him my Clover soft touch gave him one of my hooks to play with and this is what he came up with. It feels great in the hand, Very comfortable to use and has a Boye needle tip in it so I know I like it. So I have a size 12 hook that is super special now.

I am trying my darnedest to convince him there is a need for these. What do you think?

It is made with the same tulip wood that he used for my hook case.

Hookforme.jpg

Hook.jpg

ahem... is it me or well is it me???? lol. i haven't been following this christmas thing as close as i should have, lol. but "a friend" did all this for you???? wow!! this guy is gold!!!!!!!!! snatch him!!!!!!! what are you doing calling him a "friend"??? he obviously cares for you to have done this... even my own hubby never would have thought about it!!! wow. how perfect!!!!! please let me know if i am in the wrong here, lolol.

umm Kathy is married ..some one already snatched her up.. ! a lucky man indeed!

and i just have to say that i think men and women can be friends and care about each other with out having to cross that line..

i have several male friends that do many nice things for me but that doesnt mean i want to be in a relationship other than friends..

umm Kathy is married ..some one already snatched her up.. ! a lucky man indeed! and i just have to say that i think men and women can be friends and care about each other with out having to cross that line..

oh well, well maybe some other lucky girl will snatch him up then. what a find, lol.

and i just have to say that i think men and women can be friends and care about each other with out having to cross that line..

i have several male friends that do many nice things for me but that doesnt mean i want to be in a relationship other than friends..

I have to agree there. In fact, the boy is named after a guy who was a very dear friend of mine who I had been friends with for about three years. He helped me through some very tough times in life by just listening and I did the same for him.

Oh yes Brian and I are definitely just friends, I have been so lucky to have a best friend in my husband and a close friend in Brian, He is married and has two little girls they adopted years ago. I give them lessons. We have been friends for over 20 years and I never worry about looking his wife in the eye.

Well enough of that background,

Yes I am trying to get him to take his craft and do something with it just like all of you have encouraged me to grow and do something with my skills. He is very curious about the reactions you all have to his endeavers. So I can report that I was right there is a need for this. ( It's to much fun to be right ) I think I need to get him to become a member of Crochetville and let him speak for himself. I just tested the water for him so to speak, I do know I plan to commission him to make at least 3 more hooks for me. All the sizes I use the most. I can tell right now I am going to be throughly spoiled by this hook.

Ok Kathy here is my vote. I WANT ONE. Nough said.

I would definitely, buy one of those. That one is gorgeous.:hook Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Please Please Please talk him into selling them. He could do quite well just with our little community.:hook

There is definitely a market niche for those hooks. I'd like a couple myself. If your friend is willing, do let us know. Otherwise, maybe some other skilled entrepreurial soul here in C'ville could make us some???

Thank you Gran.

Archived