craftimama

Bright & Breezy Spring Purse/Tote Exchange - SIGNUP CLOSED

503 posts in this topic

this is going to be such fun, got mine all filled out and turned in, this is going to be such fun i can not wait:hug :hug:hug feburary 1st hurry up anc come LOL:manyheart :manyheart

I have done 2 swaps & 1 Christmas exchange and I am now addicted :clap because it is soooooooo...............much fun, :yay I'm going to get started on several purses and see what I come up with :hook . My form is completed. :D

I'm in! My birthday is March 16, so the timing is perfect!! :D This time, though, I'll be using a pattern to make the purse or tote for my partner instead of freeform--I've got swaps and secret pals to run so I want to have time to do this right. :manyheart

Hey all! I just filled out the survey! This is my first official swap and I am so excited!:clap

I signed up for this swap even though i did not have a good swap experience the last time-

I too did not have a good swap expierence the last swap! However my grammy always said dont let one bad egg spoil your breakfast!! lol

I just filled out the form.... so I'm in! This will b e my first swap. I did read the rules but still have questions. Are the swap partners in pairs? In other words, Do I make a bag for the person that is making a bag for me? Or is it more random.

Also... where is the personal info kept. (I had problems a long time ago, and so I'm a little leary of having my personal info out there). I don't mind a swap partner having it, but I really don't want it posted someplace where anyone can see it.

Thanks! This should be fun!

Joan

Hi Joan! You won't necessarily be paired up with the person making your bag. You will have the email address of the person who is making your bag for you once partners are assigned Feb 1st.

Address information is kept private. I have a database of everyone's information created by the survey you fill out when you join the exchange. But nobody else but C'ville administration can access it. Only your partner in the exchange will receive all of your survey information. And the person you are making a bag for will only receive your name and email address.

Hugs! Juli

Hi Julie...

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain all that to me. I'm fine with all of it!

Joan

I signed up for this swap the other night. Should be fun. I am excited since this is my first swap. I see that one of my questions was just answered ahout the pairing up of swap partners but I still have some other questions.

Is this supposed to be a secret thing? Does the person who I am making the purse for know that it is me? I want to be sure that what I make for the person will be liked and so I would like to ask them a few questions and such. How does this all work? I know the survey will specify colors and such but what about style. I don't want to make a funky purse for someone who only likes classy things or a vintage purse for someone more into contemporay designs. KWIM? Am I supposed to use a pattern from a specific place or can I design something myself?

Thanks.

No, this isn't a secret exchange. And yes, the person you are making your purse for will know that you are sending to them. :) Partners will be sent out on Feb 1st, and then you can email your partner and ask them any questions you need to about style or whatever.

You can use any pattern you want to. There are a couple posts in this thread that have links to online patterns if you're looking for pattern ideas. :hook

Hugs! Juli

Thanks Juli,

How do I know if I was accepted into this SWAP. I see a post at the beginning with names on it but my name is not. It was last edited on Jan 11 and I don't think I had my survey sent in by then. Probably around the 12th or 13th. Just want to make sure I get in. :D

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay:woo I signed up too, this is my first swap, I can't hardly wait to get started.

LuCee

I've updated the signup list on the first post. If you've signed up and don't see your name there, please let me know.

We've got 39 people signed up so far!! There's quite a bit of time for others to sign up as well! This will really be a fun exchange!!

I want to try a new pattern this time. Not sure which one yet. Still trying to make up my mind. :hook

Hugs! Juli

I just signed up-I only just began making purses for my daughter and their friends so I hope I can do a good enough job:think

While we're waiting, anyone want to share their favorite online purse patterns with us??? :hook

Hugs! Juli

Here are a couple of links using Crochet Nylon from Coats and Clark:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/crochet_thread/lc1272.htm

http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/crochet_thread/lc1251.htm

And a link to a booklet I just bought, also using Crochet Nylon. Check out the Drawstring Hobo bag...I can't wait to try this one out!:yay

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/ASN_1316_cord_purses_main.htm

I can't wait any longer!!!! :thair I'm going crazy with the anticipation. :rant

O.kay, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest. Anyone else going through this?

I'm with smyz64 and Theresa, I'd love to get started on this NOW! Maybe I'll just make a couple of bags for practice :D

Karla, thanks for those links, too! I hadn't seen some of those before and there are some great patterns and ideas there.