CGOA Conference in July 2006

Roli

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a way to identify and meet other crochetville members at the conference?-

hospitality room?

name tags?

breakfast, etc.?

joanne r.

Is there a way to identify and meet other crochetville members at the conference?-

hospitality room?

name tags?

breakfast, etc.?

joanne r.

Hmmm, this will be my first conference, so I don't know the answer to that. I am hoping some of us can meet up. I'm sure there are nametags and I'll bet we can figure out a meeting place.

Has anybody decided on their classes yet? I've been too busy working all week to study the course listing, but hope to do that this week-end. This may be the only conference this rural Wisconsin gal gets to go to in her life-time, so I plan to take several. I'd also like to go to the fashion show.

I'll be deciding on my classes this week. As the conference approaches we can make more definite plans for a meeting place. We'll have to figure out the lay of the land somehow. Maybe DH and I can take a quick run up to PA ahead of time to see what the place looks like. DH is always up for a day trip!:)

I'm still not sure about a class or two but I definitely want to go to the dinner on Saturday night.

We could meet at the Cafe once we are inside the show. I cut and pasted 2 paragraphs from the site below.

Visit the Knit & Crochet Café on the show floor, welcoming you to rest your feet and purchase a rejuvenating cup of coffee or a cool drink of water.

Take fashion to the street — Chic Street — on Saturday evening with dinner, cash bar, a fashion show and a silent auction to benefit breast cancer support. Buy your tickets early; seats to many events are limited.

I'm still not sure about a class or two but I definitely want to go to the dinner on Saturday night.

We could meet at the Cafe once we are inside the show. I cut and pasted 2 paragraphs from the site below.

We could sit to together at dinner. That would be such fun!

Anyone have any opinions on the 2 hotels they have listed there? and has anyone chose either one of them to stay at?:think

I'm planning to make my reservations at the Scanticon for Friday and Saturday nights. I've not seen it in person but it looks nice on the website and seems to have all kinds of amenities. It's within walking distance to the Convention Center. Also, we get a big discount if we reserve early.

I'd love to sit together at the dinner, Artemis!

I'm staying at the Hampton across from the mall on DeKalb Pike, checking in on Thurs. and checking out on Sun. I work for Hilton (Hampton is a Hilton brand) so I get the employee rate. The group rate at the two hotels listed seems very reasonable although I'm not familiar with the properties. It's great that they are attached to the convention center, very convienent.

I'd love to sit together at the dinner, Artemis!

I'm staying at the Hampton across from the mall on DeKalb Pike, checking in on Thurs. and checking out on Sun. I work for Hilton (Hampton is a Hilton brand) so I get the employee rate. The group rate at the two hotels listed seems very reasonable although I'm not familiar with the properties. It's great that they are attached to the convention center, very convienent.

Table for three for Roli, BY&BH, and Artemis!

Can we make it a table for four, five, or six?

I will complete my registration this week-end and book at the Scanticon on Roli's recommendation. I have a little trouble with a hotel whose name I cannot pronounce! But I like what Roli says about it.

Have you decided, BY&BH, what classes you will take?

I'm so glad your coming Sarah! Lucky you to get a hotel discount! I think I just might order a Crochetville tote from Cafe Press to lug my supplies around. :shop If we're going to be the only representatives of the "ville then we better put some advertising out there!

I'm sure our table will grow as we get closer to the event.

I'm still undecided about the classes. There didn't seem to be any that I just had to go to. And the less I spend on classes the more that goes in the yarn/gadget/oh, I have to have it! budget. :hook

I'm so glad your coming Sarah! Lucky you to get a hotel discount! I think I just might order a Crochetville tote from Cafe Press to lug my supplies around. :shop If we're going to be the only representatives of the "ville then we better put some advertising out there!

I was thinking of getting something from the Cafe Press specifically for the convention too!

My DH and DD are going to FL next week, but honestly I'm looking forward to this July trip more! A long weekend full of yarn and fellow crochet lovers vs. what could potentially be a very stressful week traveling with a 19 month old who typically doesn't travel well. :eek Oh yeah, and we're staying with his parents, who are very nice, but they are still in-laws!

I made my hotel reservations yesterday and the two hotels associated with the convention center were almost booked up. I had to take a room with a queen bed only. If anyone is interested, I'd suggest getting right on this.

I made my hotel reservations yesterday and the two hotels associated with the convention center were almost booked up. I had to take a room with a queen bed only. If anyone is interested, I'd suggest getting right on this.

Thanks, Roli.

I got the convention registration done last night and will work on the hotel this morning.

I just booked my room at the Scanticon Hotel. I check in Friday the 14th in the afternoon and I depart on Sunday the 16th in the a.m. WOO HOO !! :clap I plan on attending the fashion show as well....Now, I'm working on the registeration part and it's not letting me in.... I guess I'll have to try to register a little later on.

Good idea on the Crochetville Tote..... I'm going to get mine today! :hook

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked my room at the Scanticon Hotel. I check in Friday the 14th in the afternoon and I depart on Sunday the 16th in the a.m. WOO HOO !! :clap I plan on attending the fashion show as well....Now, I'm working on the registeration part and it's not letting me in.... I guess I'll have to try to register a little later on.

Good idea on the Crochetville Tote..... I'm going to get mine today! :hook

I'll be at the Scanticon, too. Wednesday through Sunday. I'm all registered for my classes and the dinner/fashion show.

I can hardly wait...we are going to have such fun!

Coming in on Thursday thru Sunday...also registered for 2 classes and the dinner-fashion show.

Have heard so many good things about the conventions; this will be my first and I can't wait!

Look out Yarn Market...here I come!

I'm going too! I live pretty close to King of Prussia and haven't been to one of these in years so I'm really excited about getting to go! :c9 I'll be there Thursday through Sunday and I signed up for all the extra-curriculars. ;)

I guess I'll have to get the Crochetville tote too. Although I don't get on here much so it might not help. :blush

I'm still waiting to hear if I got the classes I want, it's taking a bit longer then I had thought it would though. :shrug:reyes

See you there! :hook

Great Tracy, we're starting to accumulate quite a group. As it gets closer to time, we'll have to decide when and where to meet. I'd love to know which classes you signed up for.:D

Well, I had my "first picks" and then a few alternates, since I haven't heard back yet I'll let you know when I know. ;) Did you get your confirmation yet? What are you taking?

Archived