All In A Days Work

threeolivemartini

I just finihsed this hat to match the bag i completed a couple days ago..

the hat is the Bucket Hat on April 3rd of the Crochet Pattern A Day calendar.. I did the optional picot stitch edging on the brim.. and used some random variegated yarn I had and some burnt orange chenille for the accent band..

the bag is from last years Interweave Knits Crochet .. the Color Splash Bag on page 83.. of course i didnt use colour splash yarn or the same handle.. but I think it turned out very nice..its also bigger .. the handles are a set of 9" copper D ring handles .. and a vintage button used for closure.. i used the same acrylic and will be lining it in a copper silk .. i just havent been moved to sew lately ..

all said and done i am very happy with thsi set..

th_todayswork.jpg

Great colors, Three. Now I like those anodized handles too... the color goes great with the fabric. But now you've inspired me to make some wood handles. Hmmmmm. You think straight sticks with knobs on the ends would work?

~sigh~ absolutely beautiful! Love the handles... you folks in the central part of the state are so much more creative then us in the border counties... we haven't moved too far beyond TP covers looking like hats!

Great work!

Great colors, Three. Now I like those anodized handles too... the color goes great with the fabric. But now you've inspired me to make some wood handles. Hmmmmm. You think straight sticks with knobs on the ends would work?

:drool :drool :drool

Now THOSE would inspire me to make more purses.

:drool :drool :drool

Now THOSE would inspire me to make more purses.

Ok Three and Kari... you did it! Its a dangerous thing tempting me like that. You've unleashed the beast. Now i've got to make a pair.

better make it two Jimbo unless you want a cat fight LOL

:devil I will resist the urge to make any kind of remark to that.

MEOW:cat

oh how i love it when wimmen fight over me! Ok i'll make two sets...but gimme an idea of size (length). Intuition says oh, about a foot, but your patterns might dictate a minimum. And at the other end you wouldn't want to be packing around a pair of spears....... or would you?

some days a spear WOULD be handy LOL

in the grand scheme of things.. the shaft part for me.. would be ideal at 8 to 10 inches.. with the balls on about a foot..

*that sentence doesnt sound quite right but i cant think of another way to say it.. LOL*

oh and jimbo.. the shaft part doesnt have to be pretty .. cause its gonna be covered.. but the ends should be nice

Archived