Hamburger anyone--Now with Curly Fries and Ketchup!

Mom w/a Motif

I crocheted this hamburger after buying a McDonalds' Happy Meal toy food tub and a play microwave for our three year old. I want to make one for my neice, too. I love crocheting fun stuff like this!

"]th_ec3c5f55.jpgth_78b7c0d5.jpg

Picture of fries is clickable for close-up view. :P I don't really like the ketchup blob, I might need to work on that. I put this at the end of this thread, too, but I am working on putting the curly fries pattern up on my blog. It's actually really easy.

Tina

Mmmmmmmm, you're making me hungry! (I'm going to have to start making dinner early...homemade pizza anyone?!)

We want to see some fries, too! :hook

I want to make some fries next! I need to find a pattern first though. ;)

Tina

I had a pattern, it was Annie's Attic. But there aren't any french fries, just the hamburger. :think (Don't those two things automatically 'go' together?)

Tina

Yes, my pattern was only for the hamburger though :think I'll need to find a pattern for some fries. Then I want to make some breakfast: eggs, bacon, toast.... :P And maybe some desert, too.

Too funny! Are you thinking of any fries to go with that?

:rofl I'll try to make some onion rings... I don't know... Maybe some tan/brown boucle yarn? Lady Linoleum, any ideas?? :D Tina

Ooo, how about some curly fries??! I bet I could do those! Man I'm getting a craving now.... :lol

Thank you for all the compliments everyone. I have now added some curly fries and ketchup! (It doesn't look like I'm going to get anything done around the house today, but...)

"]th_78b7c0d5.jpg

I might need to work on the ketchup blob I don't really like it, but the fries I thought are pretty neat. I will work on putting the pattern up on my blog soon.

Thanks everyone!

Tina

I have added the pattern to my blog, if anyone wants to make some. It's a fun twist to a french fry (ha ha get it, twist...) :lol Ughhh.. I know, that was bad... Anyway, here it is:

Curly Fries

Have Fun! :manyheart

Tina

:lol They did ask once, but surprisingly, that was it. He just mostly likes putting the food in his microwave; and he's been playing restaurant now. :manyheart I think it's a lot better using their imaginations then sitting there rotting their brain watching tv all day! :P

That's so cool, Tina! :hook I bet the kids have a fun time playing with it and got quite hungry too. Maybe they've been asking for more Happy Meals! :lol

I think I found a pattern for the burger.. it is at The crochet file box!

I can't get the picture to come up, just the dumb red x :(

http://web.archive.org/web/20011021151047/crochetbox.topcities.com/pattern_list.htm

it is a great site actually..

maryann

ok, this is the direct address

http://web.archive.org/web/20011225165216/crochetbox.topcities.com/hot_burger_pot_holders.htm

Archived