Hello from Australia

aussiecrocheter

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome to you, even though I've seen you around the site. Has anyone ever tried to organize a system for shipping stuff from the US to other places? HMMMM...what a concept. Maybe some better heads than mine could come up with something. :cheer

Gday! You have been arround longer than a lot of us Aussie so I thought you were an old hand at this site!

Re the supply thing, I live on the Gold Coast and work in Brisbane. Regional population of about 2-3 Mill I think. It is not easy finding supplies here eithor. Spotlight is my best bet, but I can expect to pay 30 dollars for something you would get for about 10 dollars in the US. I suspect they get a better range down south in Sydney and Melbourne, were the climate is also cooler and more crotchet friendly.

It is starting to frustate the hell out of me when I see something beautiful posted, on in the CALs and I cant participate cos I cant get the patterns. Also I have no idea what some of the yarns are that you are referring to so it is difficult to make a substitution. :angry ( end of rant!)

Samio is in Victoria and she was getting an Aussie maling list together of Aussies, or people living in Australia. :ghug

Archived