Hello from Australia

aussiecrocheter

Hi everyone, I am a newbie from Victoria, Australia. I have been crocheting for about 35 years. I am sooo envious of crocheting supplies available in the U.S. You have so much variety available in yarns and patterns, it makes me green with envy. It's not so good for the credit card either since I found ebay, and have bought a few patterns and some yarn from U.S.A. Just have to find somewhere to hide it from my husband. lol. Thanks for sharing all your amazing work!

Hi and welcome from India! You're lucky that your ebay sells yarn, our version doesn't and it's a job to find it even in stores! Obviously buying it and shipping it from the US is quite prohibitive :eek (the scarcity is better for our wallets, of course :D)

Hi and welcome from a fellow Aussie from Queensland! Your going to love this site everyone is friendly and ready to help if you need it. I'm so happy another Aussie has joined there are a few of us on here but some are more active than others. Oh and a word of warning hide the Tim Tams and Cherry ripes if word gets out they'll invade us!Ha Ha Ha !

Thanks very much everyone for the warm welcome. I live in a small country town of about 1100 people, and supplies are not so easy to come by. I suppose if you live in the city it's easier, but I still don't think we have the variety of beautiful yarns and colors that you have in the States, and as for patterns, well they are nearly all american patterns that we get. So of course they have to be imported, and if you can find them, they are pricey! Once again, thanks for the welcome, and I am sure I will enjoy Crochetville.

:waving Hello from Pennsylvania! Gringe at the thought of not being able to find supplies! :worried I have an online friend in Australia, and I have sent him things from here that he couldn't get from e-bay....surprised him with a Hockey Jersey once...couldn't believe it cost 15 dollars to send a hockey jersey that I folded up real nice and tight to fit in a very small box...lol....But anyhoo...:welcome

Archived