Hat-a-Week

Croshay

Ginny those with the link name "one" and "two" are the Staten Island hat...Very simple...!

The others in my photo album are my own designs with the exception of the cream and green scarf and hat sets which are also out of the box...oh and the preemie cap isnt mine.

So glad I purchased that box....well worth the 20 bucks!:D

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I got a total of 12 hats done this week. :clap I made 6 UBW hats... they work up SOOOOO fast. I made 3 following the pattern and then I used two strands of baby weight yarn and an L hook to make 3 toddler ones. I also made a granny square hat (wanted to try that out) and a couple of other hats. All of the hats I'm making are going to be donated to a project at our church called World of Warmth. I have a total of 28 hats now.

I took pictures with my digital camera, but can't find the cord to plug to download them. :angry I'll post them when I find the cord.

I'm not working on any more hats now (except my hat a week) for awhile. I want to make scarves and start hunting down purse/tote patterns for the purse/tote swap.

Lisa,

I love your UBW hat! Which yarn did you use to make it, the colors are fantastic. :clap

Red Heart Mexicana and Red Heart in a solid purple held together. I don't remember the name of the purple.. but it's one of the deep toned ones. Glad you like it. I tend to like vibrant colors, espescially this time of year when the weather can be so drear.

P.S. Your sig line gave me a giggle.. 1 down, 51 to go.. :lol

YIPEEE :clap I found my cord. Here are the hats that I made this week. I actually had a total of 14... once I got them out to photograph I forgot a few that I had done.

First up... my UBW hats. I added some ear flaps to one of them. I had thought I had only done 6 UBW, but I did 7.

1278.jpg

Next up are 5 hats that I worked on. Three of them (The gold & burnt red & varigate) are the same pattern, I just changed up the coloring/rows a bit. I acutally have another one in this pattern... it looks like the gold/burnt red on the left except I changed up the colors to be gold & green for my dd who likes the Packers. The hat is in her room though and she's sleeping so I didn't want to disturb her.

The brown in the back is the granny square hat that I did up tonight in-between making supper. The blue hat is one I made up myself and added ear flaps, to keep those kiddie's warm.

1275.jpg

Finally... a grey hat for my dd. This started out with a pattern... can't remember from where but by the time I finished up my 11 rows of sc, I ended up changing the pattern and came out with this.

1277.jpg

Wow Theresa.. I'm very impressed. I especially like the one in the second picture that kinda looks like a checkerboard or a harlequin pattern. Very nice.

WOW...I'm very impressed with all the beautiful hats you all have been making! Great job!! :cheer

Theresa, how did you do the rolled brim on your dd's hat? I've seen those knitted, but I can't remember seeing a crocheted version.

Here are my hats I have made the past couple of weeks! :clap:clap All are patterns I made up except for the pink one, thats Jimmi Lu's pattern.

hats.JPG

The more I look at this picture, the more intrigued I am by the white hat. Would it be possible to see a better picture (this one is kinda whited out) or would you consider writing out the pattern?

Is the purple one made of chenille?

And where would I find Jimmi Lu's pattern?

I'm just full of ?? this morning. :lol I DO NOT want to go to work.. I want to stay home with my crochet hooks. (you know they get lonely while I'm away :cry )

Thanks.

Questions on the Mitered Beach Ball Hat:

How do ya'll read this pattern.. do we work in the backloops for only the first row or for the whole hat?

I only did the first row in blo, and the hat is rather small for my head. I'm having to add at least another whole section.

Also, the pattern doesn't tell where to make the color changes.. I'm doing it where you change from 30 to 25 or 26 stitches.

What do ya'll think (those who are doing this pattern)?

I think I'm going to do it again, only use hdc and see if I like it better. This sc version is "ok", but not my favorite hat for sure.

Bonnie - Great job! I like them all, but if I could steal just one it would definitely be the purple one! :lol

Cordelia - I agree completely! That little box of patterns was a great buy and I'm definitely going to try the Staten Island hat now. :U

Theresa - Excellent job!! :clap My favorite is your dd's Grey hat.

Lisa - I'm sorry I'm not doing the beach ball hat and I didn't even really look at the pattern that closely so I can't help much. :( However, I'm sure one of the other ladies will have some good insight for you soon. :)

Hello eveyone! Sorry I haven't been here the past few days, I have been trying to recover form an awful sinus cold and then I got walloped with a case of the stomach flu.... ick.... Anyway, I am feeling better now and I plan on making a UBW hat (for last week) a Beach Ball Hat (for this week) and FINISH my Hat Swap hat - hopefully by the time my head hits the pillow these will be all done.... wish me luck!

Tina

[font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=darkorchid]Samantha's hat started out with this pattern [url]http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/204.html[/url] , Dot's EL Brimmed Hat. I eneded up trying to work the pattern but got frustrated, frogged some of it and then ended up doing my own thing for the rest of the hat. I don't have the hat in front of me and off hand I can't remember exactly what I did, but after the middle section I just sc enough rows to roll up.[/color][/size][/font]

O.kay... duh, I don't have the actual hat in front of me, but I did have picture. It was all done in sc and then for the middle section I did 1 row of sc, ch 1, sk 1 sp. Next row was hdc, ch 1, sk 1 sp., next row was dc, ch 1, sk 1 sp. the middle (4th row of middle) was all sc and then I just went back down through what I had done before.... only backwards.

Ok, I finished my week 2 (beach ball) hat, I am not impressed. Perhaps if I'd followed the directions closer, "crochet in the BLO, in the foundation chain, huh? Anyway,

week2hat.jpg

Fortunately, I'd made this hat to match my "baby blanket crochet along" blanket.

Camohat.jpg

For fun, look what my eldest dd is doing, she is 5 . . . She needs a little work on technique but she is so proud of her chain!

EmCrochet.jpg

Ok, well I am glad I have my week 2 hat done. I need to take a little break. My youngest dd, 2.5, has type 1 diabetes and is starting on an insulin pump on Friday. I have to get some pump cases sewn together for her in the next couple of days. . .

I look forward to seeing everyone elses week 2 hats. It might be insentive to frog mine . . .

Last night I couldn't control myself and made Dots Sassy A Hat...I love it...gosh I have to take pics and post them...anyways, I decided that I love it so much that I am keeping this one for myself and making another one for my charity.

I used Caron SS in off white.

I bookmarked this weeks beach ball hat and will start it tomorrow but I'm not sure it's my cup of tea either but I wont know until I start making it.

Sometimes things look so much better after you start making them...I will give it a whirl:) and see what happens and I promise I will keep an open mind.

Today was a knitting day for me as I was working on a knitted baby cardigan for my new granddaughter...I just wish see would get hear soon, I am getting impatient.

My daughters baby shower is Sunday and I am trying to get it done by then. I have the back and both sleeves done so far so I think I am right on schedule.

Ok, I finished my week 2 (beach ball) hat, I am not impressed. Perhaps if I'd followed the directions closer, "crochet in the BLO, in the foundation chain, huh? Anyway,

week2hat.jpg

Actually, I think it's quite cute! Hopefully I can post a pic of mine tomorrow! :yay

Tina

I actually did these two UBW hats last week, but I"m just getting around to taking and posting the pictures.

84699488_689bcc300d.jpg

I think I'm going to pass on this weeks hat. I've got several other projects going, and am trying to finish up several items for my Etsy store. But I really like seeing everyone else's work! Keep the pictures coming!

I just found this crochet along - work gets real busy Oct-Dec & I've been off the boards. But can I still join? I'm working on a simple beanie at the moment in black for a friend of mine. And I'm excited about the idea of working with new patterns!

Lisa - Did you get your beach ball hat questions figured out? :think I haven't even been able to look at it. I'm swamped with school work this week.

SSWJ - I don't think your beach ball hat is ugly at all. I think it's cute! I like the colors. It looks like it has sort of a funny shape though, or is that just the way it's posing for its picture? :wink Also, loved seeing your daughter so diligent on her chain.

Michelle - I also like to :knit. Would love to see the baby sweater if you can show us when it's done. When is your granddaughter due?

Picadella - Sure, jump right in at any time! :yay We aren''t enforcing any rules as far as the crochet-along; we're just making hats together for fun/charity/gifts/whatever. :D

Everybody - I just love seeing your hats and all of the beautiful color and texture combinations. Most of my UBW's look dull compared to the ones I've seen here. Great job, you all! :cheer

Michelle - I also like to :knit. Would love to see the baby sweater if you can show us when it's done. When is your granddaughter due?

Hi Croshay....she is technically due Jan 23 but my DD has gone to the hospital 3 times for premature labor since the middle of Dec...the last time we went was last Mon and her doctor said she has started dialating and he didnt think she was going to make it to the 23rd.

We are ready anytime for her arrival...we have all the neccessary baby things and alot of extras:lol set up for her.

My DD's baby shower is on Sun and I predicted that she would have either on that day or on the 17th...so we shall see:D

I made her christening dress and bonnet and am almost finished with the matching blanket.

I just started a blog last night so I can post pictures for everyone to see my things. At the moment I only have a couple of entries, my DD and her DH's wedding pic is there. I am hoping to take some pics of my finished projects and post them later on today:yay

I actually did these two UBW hats last week, but I"m just getting around to taking and posting the pictures.

84699488_689bcc300d.jpg

I think I'm going to pass on this weeks hat. I've got several other projects going, and am trying to finish up several items for my Etsy store. But I really like seeing everyone else's work! Keep the pictures coming!

I really like your color choices. Espescially the pastel one.

Lisa - Did you get your beach ball hat questions figured out? :think I haven't even been able to look at it. I'm swamped with school work this week.

Nope. In fact, I haven't been able to pick it back up since Sunday night. With school starting back, I've had to go back to work also.

What are you taking? I'm out of school.. but now work for the college... :) can't get away from the place!!

I've done 2 'beach ball' hats and I love them! I did them with the Caron SS Brites....one in yellow, green and orange, the other in purple, pink and orange. I added a brim at the bottom. Will try to post pics soon.

Archived