Croshay

Hat-a-Week

I just came across this CAL, I love it. Mind if I join in even tho it's a little late? ;)

Tricia

I just came across this CAL, I love it. Mind if I join in even tho it's a little late? ;)

Tricia

Welcome. We're glad to have you join the crew. :)

I haven't posted pictures in a month of sundays, but am still working on some hats now and then, in between my larger projects.

:cheer Thanx I'll get to work right away. This is my first CAl I'm so excited about it!!!

If anyone is feeling adventurous.. here's a site with a different idea for a hat.

http://www.jessica-tromp.nl/haakpatronen_crochet_patterns/gehaakt-mutsje-blaadjes-bloemetjes.JPG

unfortunately, no written directions, you need to be able to work from diagrams.

enjoy.

If anyone is feeling adventurous.. here's a site with a different idea for a hat.

http://www.jessica-tromp.nl/haakpatronen_crochet_patterns/gehaakt-mutsje-blaadjes-bloemetjes.JPG

unfortunately, no written directions, you need to be able to work from diagrams.

enjoy.

If I had more time, I could be adventurous. Put perhaps when I'm not so swamped with homework................:(

What is the current week #..is it on the first page.. week 28 I think? I hope to get a late start here and make a little catch up attempt .. just want to know exactly where I stand.

Anna nice to see you modeling some of your work...need to get some pics of you and Chloe in some matching hats.

Now THAT would be cute...lol...I need to think of something like that...maybe for Mother's Day next year. That would be fun. :)

I just put week 29's suggestion up. I did not have time to check the PDF file to make sure it's an OK pattern, so if there's any problem, please let me know..not that I can edit the pattern.. but I could chose another one.

My apologies for being late in posting... we had a hectic week. My daughter broke her arm while away at camp and I had to deal with arranging for her to get to the hospital (an hour away) meeting her & her brother at the ER.. making sure Brother had gas $$ and food $$ to get back to camp.. then getting her to the orthopod the next morning.. etc. etc. Then she had to go BACK to camp to collect all her clothes & bedding.. ON TOP OF ALL THIS.. my van decided to turn on it's "check engine" light.. so I had to borrow my hubby's truck.. which I had never driven...

I've been a little pre-occupied. Thanks for understanding.

I think I will join you. Lately I've been making chemo caps. Our church collects them and donates them to the cancer center at a local hospital.

Hi, I am so pleased I have found this Forum it's sp interesting. I would like to try and crochet a Hat too! I have seen somewhere on this site a hat some clever person had made from a doily pattern, I'm sure it was in a coats cotton 20. Can any one help me? I have been darting around for ages trying to find it.

I think I will join you. Lately I've been making chemo caps. Our church collects them and donates them to the cancer center at a local hospital.

Hi, I am so pleased I have found this Forum it's sp interesting. I would like to try and crochet a Hat too! I have seen somewhere on this site a hat some clever person had made from a doily pattern, I'm sure it was in a coats cotton 20. Can any one help me? I have been darting around for ages trying to find it.

I'm new here and I'd like to join in -- I've checked out some of the patterns and they're great.

Welcome everyone. Rosie, that's such a great thing to do.

Swan, I remember what you are talking about, but I have difficulty searching because I am on dialup. Maybe someone else can find it for you. I think it might have been earlier in this thread???

EmeraldFrog.. just hop right on it (sorry couldn't resist :) )

Just holler if help is needed.. we've quieted down recently ( I think everyone is busy with summer stuff) but it should pick up again soon.

Welcome everyone!!! Its nice to have some newcomers here. I have been quiet the past couple of weeks because my new site just launched and that was a lot of work to get going. I am trying to get caught up on all my Swaps and CAL's and such. I am nearly there but this hat one is still lacking. (I think about 8 hats its lacking...:( ) Give me a couple more weeks and I think I can catch up. (watch out Jimmie Lu...)

Welcome everyone. Rosie, that's such a great thing to do.

Swan, I remember what you are talking about, but I have difficulty searching because I am on dialup. Maybe someone else can find it for you. I think it might have been earlier in this thread???

EmeraldFrog.. just hop right on it (sorry couldn't resist :) )

Just holler if help is needed.. we've quieted down recently ( I think everyone is busy with summer stuff) but it should pick up again soon.

Thanks Lisa,

I will keep looking and trying to work my way through this thread but it is so interesting I get waylaid!. May be someone will come across the doliy Hat pattern.

At the moment it is so hot here all we want to do is to sit quiet with a long cool drink, and thank goodness I don't have to go to work this week. I am sopleased I found this site I just hope I'm pressing the right buttons.

Just posted week 30's suggested pattern.. and it's for helping to save newborn & premie babies. Sponsored by Save the Children foundation, they want hand made crocheted (or knitted) hats sent to the PRESIDENT by January 2, 2007.

I'll bet our group can send a BUNCH.

Here's the link again. I'm off to see what I can make while I wait for my van to be fixed this morning.

http://www.savethechildren.org/capstothecapital/images/kit11.pdf

OK, Y'all. I'm back in the running. I am now 10 weeks behind but I plan to be making as many hats as possible now that my class is over (except for the final exam.) Today I made a 2nd hat for a friend of mine that has cancer. Soon I will be working on the 3rd. Perhaps I'll answer one question on the final then make a hat. Maybe that will give me incentive to work on the test (it's 11 essay questions. I have to answer 6 of them. 2.5-4 page long answers :drool ). Off I go. It's test and catch up time!

I have always wanted to crochet hats (even though I live in Arizona!). I have tried on several occasions but to no avail. I hope that I can get some help so that I can finally make some. Besides, my baby brother lives in Montana and it gets COLD there so I would like to send him a couple...

Hogs & Quiches,

Margaret

Welcome Margi..

If we can help, just holler. It's a little slow now.. summer doldrums I guess.. but posting should pick up again fairly soon.

The first and second posts on this thread have lots of suggested patterns.. you are free to follow them, or chose something else. The main point of this CAL is to make hats and have fun doing it. :)

Again, welcome aboard.

I have always wanted to crochet hats (even though I live in Arizona!). I have tried on several occasions but to no avail. I hope that I can get some help so that I can finally make some. Besides, my baby brother lives in Montana and it gets COLD there so I would like to send him a couple...

Hogs & Quiches,

Margaret

Glad to have you Margaret. You can make warm weather hats here too. Though I'm sure your brother in Montana will appreciate a hat or two.

Week 31 is up ( see the 2nd post of this thread). Called Peach Shells Hat.. but it could be made in any color and any ww yarn.

Have fun.

Week 21 is done and it's .... uh... well, I think it's .... uh... less than attractive. However, it is in style and yarn a friend wanted so it's all hers. she can frog it if she wants to and make something else, if she likes.:lol will make another hat tomorrow! .oO(I will catch up. I will catch up. I will catch up.)

Week 31 is up ( see the 2nd post of this thread). Called Peach Shells Hat.. but it could be made in any color and any ww yarn.

Have fun.

red x in the picture. :( maybe it will be up tomorrow.

red x in the picture. :( maybe it will be up tomorrow.

I'll host it on my photobucket for now.. but the site is still working for me.

th_peachhats.jpg