Sign in to follow this  
tween

First (and last) graphed afghan!

lol.. ok I'll probably do another one someday, but not for a long long loooooong time!! :lol ALL those ends to weave in!! I dunno how you guys that make those detailed multi color changes projects do it!! :(

My 14 yr old cousin that I'm raising, asked me waaaaaaaaaay back in March to make her a skull afghan to go in her room.. so I found a pic she liked, & put it one of those online graph maker thingys.. and got the graph..& started & stopped it like 10 times. She is so sweet...she let me keep putting it off to do other stuff.. and eventually, it got forgotten, by me at least! :blush THEN on December 26th, she reminded me that I still had'nt finished it! D'oh! :eek

So finally with like 10 minutes to spare..last nite... I had it finished & washed & on her bed!! :hook So...thats how I brought in the New Year...same way the old one went out...lol me crocheting like a mad fool!! :yay She luv'd it!! So it was soooooooooooooo worth it & I wouldnt have it any other way!! :c9

So...anyway...here it is...SHE picked out the colors..

Skeletonstuffs8.jpg

Skeletonstuffs7.jpg

Oh!! I did the "crab" stitch all the way around & as much as I know most of you don't like that stich, I luv'd it! It puts such a nice finish on the afghan!!

I'm not real proud of it, I see tons of places I could have done better, & plenty of mistakes, but for being my first one, I guess I sorta am happy with it, and my cousin luv's it, so thats all that really matters!! :manyheart

I think it's great! The colors are pretty, too. My daughter's color combo is hot pink and black. It actually makes a pretty room.

awww you go girl...:cheer it looks really kool...I wish my first project would look as good as yours..I cant even get it started....lol....it is really pretty.

I think it is awesome. Of course I am kind of partial to black and pink skulls.:lol

I think it looks great.

Just an idea, but next time, instead of cutting the second color as often, crochet it in about 3 to 6 stitches, then cut it as close as you can. This cuts down on the number of ends you have to weave in.:D

You did a beartiful job.:hook

what stitch did you use? did you sc the whole thing? i started a graph afghan 5 times (same one) but frogged it each time. i tried doing it in sc and tunisian. maybe i should try one with just one color change!

i LOVE your afghan! that's my fav color combo too!

Good job! And, when I do a graphed sc one like this, I only have the ends of the actual skein to tuck in. I carry colors UNDER those that are alike. I don't know if that makes sense or not. At one point, when doing my nephew's GBPackers afghan, I had 10 skeins on it at one time.

It really does make it much easier!!:hook

:clap I like it, I have a thing for black! I bet your cousin likes it!

Nice job! :clap

WOW thanks for all the compliments everyone!! :D

AND

all the great tips, IF I ever do another one, I'll definatly use those tips!! :clap:

wow....you should not stop making those..it looks fantastic. I would love to learn how to do graphs and do really cool things like this...

Looks like I'll have to hunt down your other posts so I can see what else you have done.

It's a great afghan and it looks like it would take a lot of time to make. :clap When you say you went to an online graph thing where did you go? can you put in any pattern and convert to a graph? :think . I am new to crochet an I think a graph plus pattern would help. When you say graph do you mean the crochet symbols that I have seen in crochet fantasy and the crochet bible? Thanks Theresa:yay

Great job.. I know about weaving in the ends of graphed afghans!!!!!!! Sometime it takes longer then the crochet part!!!!!

Like this one....e1997372.jpg

WoW mamaoso thats amazing!! altho, the thought of all THOSE ends, makes me break out in a cold sweat! :D

thanks everyone.

Happytea40 the online this is here .. http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

You just find a pic you want to use, and upload it into the program, & it gives you a graph you can use to make a blanket, or afghan, or square or whatever you would like!! That part is easy!! :clap

Great job.. I know about weaving in the ends of graphed afghans!!!!!!! Sometime it takes longer then the crochet part!!!!!

Like this one....e1997372.jpg

WOW that one just took my breath away! I literally gasped! THAT must have taken quite a bit of patience!! I like the hot pink & black one, too. Looks exactly like what a teen would like! Good job both of you!!! :nworthy

my 12 yo son would spo love this pattern. But I have never tried a graph pattern. It is lovely!

That is cool! I can understand why it will be the last for a while. There seems to be a lot of changing colors. It looks great though.

Hope

Shelbyville, KY

One of these days I'll have the guts to try a graphed afghan--but not this day. :D Great job!! :cheer

:U thank you... now that its been a while, I MIGHT.. try another some day.. but not likely!! :lol