I've Finally Felted, I Feel Complete!

dogymom

Thanks everybody!!!!:hug

I wasn't prepared for how much fun felting is! I've ordered wool yarn with some Christmas money to make one for myself. I think I should have requested overnight shipping;)

Love it! Great colors. Going to have to make me one, REAL SOON! Trouble is none of the stores around here carry any wool yarn. Grrrr....have to drive an hour to get it or order it on the net.

That's really cute. Maybe, when lining it, you could make... almost a seperate bag for the lining, sew it up seperately, making sure it's the same shape as the bag or whatever, and then sew the seperate bag to the purse (by hand, I don't think sewing machines will sew through crocheted fabric. At least mine won't). Would'nt that work? Maybe? I guess that was about as clear as mud, haha.

Great job Debi!!! I gave up felting after my last bag (and first) refused to felt no matter how mean and nasty I got to it......I thought that it would give up and felt out of self-preservation, but alas the bag has proven more stubborn than I am!!

Debi, you did a wonderful job on this bag. I love the colors, and your idea for the handles was very clever and worked out great. :yay You go felt, girl! :hook

Great purse! What in the world is felting? :think

Well, I'm not sure how to explain it, but you use 100% wool to make your item. Make it bigger, cause it's gonna shrink. You put your made item in a hot wash, cold rinse, to cause the fibers to swell and mesh together, making a solid fabric. It also shrinks. Like washing a 100% wool sweater that say's "dry clean only". The stitches get blended together, and looks pretty cool.:)

Archived