I've Finally Felted, I Feel Complete!

dogymom

Well y'all , I finally felted a purse! :wooBut I need to make another one right away. This one was for my sis-in-law's Christmas gift. I must have my own!!!

PICT1310_edited.jpg

Here's the matching accessory bag:

PICT1313_edited.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process, and just used some Christmas money to order more wool for myself.:hyper

I used the "Well Traveled Bag" pattern, by Dawn. I can't remember where I found it, though. I think it's on here somewhere.

Thanks for looking!!!:hook

Great colors! And fun, too! I am also working on a purse to felt. I can't wait until I finish it.

Great Job!

Linda:cheer

It looks beautiful! :cheer If I didn't have a serious allergy to wool I would want one. She is going to love her present.

I discovered my own allery while working on this. My forearms welted and itched, and my Dr. gave me some cream that helped alot. Luckily that pattern works up fast.:D

Yes, Dawn posted that pattern on the Ville. I made it and made the mistake of trying to line it. The purse worked up quickly and I loved it, but I can't get the lining part figured out. If I can't get it tomorrow, I'm pulling the lining! :think

I love it.......how did you attach the handles?? I have a bag half done and since I don't know how I want to attach the handles it's not finished.:hook I used that pattern too except I didn't make mine as tall.

Thanks for your compliment!!!:hug

I folded the top into pleats, then used large knitting needles to poke holes through the folds. Then I just threaded the handles through and knotted them. ( I like easy;))

I love your bag so I am making one for myself.

I am to the point where I need to attach the handles. I read your post about poking holes and knotting the handles. ... Did you attach the handles before you felted or after? Are your handles braided and how long were they before they were felted?

I love your bag so I am making one for myself.

I am to the point where I need to attach the handles. I read your post about poking holes and knotting the handles. ... Did you attach the handles before you felted or after? Are your handles braided and how long were they before they were felted?

Thanks!!!!

I attached the handles after felting. The handles were braided first, then felted, but I"m sorry, I didn't measure.:blush I think I almost expected it not to work.:P

Thanks for your compliment!!!:hug

I folded the top into pleats, then used large knitting needles to poke holes through the folds. Then I just threaded the handles through and knotted them. ( I like easy;))

That does sound easy, I felted 2 longish handles that after felting are 29" long.

Do you think that's what yours where?? I'm afraid of messing it up, I also want to put a lining in mine before I finish it and haven't done that yet either...:blush

That does sound easy, I felted 2 longish handles that after felting are 29" long.

Do you think that's what yours where?? I'm afraid of messing it up, I also want to put a lining in mine before I finish it and haven't done that yet either...:blush

I'm going to take a wild guess of about 30 - 35 inches, but I did cut some off after knotting.

I can't wait to see yours! I wasn't brave enough to try a lining.:P

Archived