Another Newbie From Michigan

Shelena

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michelle and I am a craft addict....especially crochet and knitting although I have found a passion for beading for the past 3 years.

I have been lurking around Crochetville for about a week and thought that it was time that I say hello and let everyone know how it is so nice to see a forum dedicated to crochet.....I hope to meet alot of new friends here.

Just a little about me....I am 41 years old, been married for almost 20 years with one adult daughter and 2 teenage sons-one son will be 16 the end of Jan and another will turn 18 in July.

I am also going to be a first time grandma any day now...which makes me estatic. My new soon to arrive granddaughter is the reason that I returned to crocheting. I had to stop for about 3 years because of health reasons but have since been able to start up again with the use of medication...its kinda a long story but I am sure that we will talk about it in time as we become more familiar with each other.

Now since returning to the craft I have loved so much since I was 10 years old...I can hardly put my hooks down and my new granddaughter is going to have alot of pretty crocheted clothes and accessories.

Well, I think I have rambled on enough for now....

Can't wait to meet and chat with everyone

Happy Crocheting:)

Hi Shaylen....

Wow, you have a big family which means alot of crocheting...awesome!

Congrats on the 2 new grandbabies on the way....

Its so exciting,waiting for the arrivals.

If you are anything like me...they are top priority and there just isnt enough time to crochet all the things that I see that I am dying to make for the newest member of the family.

Not to mention the thought of spoiling the new arrival:D ...thats the best part.

Welcome neighbor from Hamburg Township! Grandchildren are a joy. I have 3-an almost 10yr old boy, and 2 girls-7 and 5. I love making baby clothes and can see why you would come back to crocheting. I'm glad you decided to join the group. Happy New Year! And Happy Hooking. :hook

Welcome neighbor from Hamburg Township! Grandchildren are a joy. I have 3-an almost 10yr old boy, and 2 girls-7 and 5. I love making baby clothes and can see why you would come back to crocheting. I'm glad you decided to join the group. Happy New Year! And Happy Hooking. :hook

Hello to you as well Homebody....wow, its nice to see someone so close to me on the forum....we really are neighbors:cheer

I am finding out the same thing about making baby clothes...I made a few afghans for my kids when they were babies but now that I am going to be a grandma, I have branched out and started making cardigans, booties, bottle covers and more including afghans.

I just finished the Christening gown and bonnet and am working on the matching blankie....its been so much fun.

I am glad that I joined the group as well...thanks for the warm welcome:)

Hello and welcome from Georgia!:cheer

Ning

Hello Ning,

Thanks for the welcome....I hope the weather in Georgia is nicer than here in Michigan...its snowing like crazy right now:think here.

Welcome Michelle, from Bay Ridge Brooklyn :cheer

Hello Auntbubbels,

Its nice to meet you...how is the weather in Brooklyn these days?

I have 3 SIL's that live in Conn and work in NY and they say its been pretty cold there as well.

Hi Michelle, and welcome from VA:hook

Hello Debi,

I love your screen name...I myself have 6 dogs....I guess I could be a dogymom to:lol

Great to meet you

Happy New Year

Archived