*waves from NC*

Guest Jen X

Hi! I stumbled my way here last week from the Yarn Tomato blog, and I decided to finally introduce myself :)

My name is Jen (as you've probably guessed :lol ), I'm 28 and married with one furbaby (that's my kitty Belka in the picture with me). My great-grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about 12 or 13. I started an afghan but got away from it. A few years ago I decided I wanted to do it again and tried to reteach myself a few times from books with very limited sucess :P Then last week I thought I'd try to find a class, and lo and behold Michael's had one on Thursday night. So I signed up, went, and hey--I can crochet again! :yay I knew I just needed to *see* someone do it and watch me to see what I was doing wrong. I need more practice but already my tension and consistency is getting better. Once I get past the foundation chain and the first row I'm fine :lol

I also do a lot of cross stitching, am setting my own jewelry-making business, and spend way too much time on the computer :lol

Anyway, I've already found lots of great info here. This seems like a fun place :)

Jen

Hi Jen :) I recognize you from the cross stitching boards, great to see you over here! I found this place a while ago and there couldn't be a friendly, more helpful group of people :) Just be careful as they are excellent enablers :):)

Ohh, New Bern! I used to live about 45 min from there (in Aurora) and New Bern was the closest "big town" and we went there a lot...if you wanted to go to somewhere other than Piggly Wiggly, it was off to New Bern :lol

Jen

Guest Pufflet

I am to new to say much other than Welcome !!!

Crocheting is an awesome hobbie, I hate to have idle hands. I am also a cross stitcher, but crochet is perfect for watching tv.

Puff

Guest NCAugeriFan

:welcome ! (I work in Chapel Hill).

This is a great place - everyone is friendly and helpful!

I haven't cross-stitched in years! Use to do it all the time. May have to look into it again!

Cadie

Hi Jen (love the pun btw in your username).

I like to cross stitch too but haven't done any for a long time - haven't wanted little ones to get into all my pretty skeins!

Welcome to Crochetville, hope you enjoy your time here.

Archived