Doily of my own design, Needs a name,( Name chosen )

Katchkan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks once again everyone, You are all so kind. I am seriously considering the suggestion of doing the twelve doilies. That would be quite a project. I do like the idea of featuring the gemstones color for each one. I am just trying to figure out what color aquamarine should be.:think Or if there is an alternate gemstone for march. Anyone know?

Ok, noone else seems to have noticed this, maybe its just my wild imagination, but when I look at this beautiful doily, I see people joining hands. Look closely at the last cream round especially...I think it looks like there are people kneeling down joining hands. I can't think of any snazzy names for it right now, but I think it would be cool to name it something like "friendship" (just as an example, I know its not very unique). Keep up the great work!

You've done it again!!!! Awesome, gorgeous, beautiful!!!!:manyheart

I also like Garnet Star, or Garnet Point, Garnet Delight, Romance in Garnet, Garnet's Romance, Garnet Winter.

Gorgeous and Elegant doily.You did a fantastic job on it:cheer.I like the name Garnet Echo and also the idea of twelve gemstone doilies.Incase you decide to make it a gemstones series you could just name them after the gems like Garnet,Ametyst etc

I see the people holding hands and immediately thought of synchronized swimmers :rofl ...thank heavens others can see people too...

(but can you hear them talking to you...?)

I'm not a doily-type of person but this is absolutley gorgeous, well done.

You have all been so wonderfully kind about my doily, :hug I keep looking at all the suggestions and trying to make a choice, :eek It is hard as there are so many good ones. I have come up with four I like so far, now I need to choose amoung them.

Garnet Echo or Garnet Echo Star, Garnet Star, or Garnet Friendship Ring,

:think Oh Choices, choices, choices,:think Almost as bad as standing in the yarn or thread section at Joann's.

After cosidering all the lovely names everyone suggested. You know it was almost harder having so many nice ones to choose from. But I finally have decided that this Doilies name is GARNET STAR DOILY Just thought you might like to know.

Thanks once again everyone, You are all so kind. I am seriously considering the suggestion of doing the twelve doilies. That would be quite a project. I do like the idea of featuring the gemstones color for each one. I am just trying to figure out what color aquamarine should be.:think Or if there is an alternate gemstone for march. Anyone know?

Actually Kathy, you could use this color 450.jpg450 Aqua It is made by South Maid (Art. D54) This is as close as you are going to get to your aquamarine.

I can't wait to see the rest. This is one book I would buy.:hook

blank.gif

blank.gif

blank.gif

Actually Kathy, you could use this color 450.jpg450 Aqua It is made by South Maid (Art. D54) This is as close as you are going to get to your aquamarine.

Mary Jo, How did you know I was getting ready to order my thread for this project. I just this morning finish up the rough sketches for all 12 doilies, So now it's time to order thread. Thank you for the color swatch and number.

Yes I am going to give this try. So wish me luck everone. :blush

Kathy all the best to you and your year of doilies.........I think it'll be amazing if your work is anything to go by.........I love Garnet Star for the January doily, it's a great name, I can't wait to see and hear the names for the other 11 :manyheart

Archived