Doily of my own design, Needs a name,( Name chosen )

Katchkan

You see there was this gorgeous ball of Burgundy thread sitting on my shelf next to this scrumptious linen colored thread. They just screamed at me that they needed to made into a doily. Okay, so they don't talk. But I kept looking at these two colors together and knew I needed to do something with them. I specifically designed this for the two colors. It is done with size 20 thread. I used a size 10/1.3mm It measures out to be 13 and 3/4 inches blocked. :think Now I am drawing blanks on what to call it, so I am wide open to suggestions. Please help me give it a name. It doesn't feel done till it has a name. Hope you like my creation.

BandLDoily.jpg

I am including one shot of it on a dark back ground also.

Burgandyandecrudoily.jpg

The Name I have chosen is Garnet Star Doily

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - it's gorgeous! :manyheart Don't ask me why, but what popped into my head when I saw it was "Painted Lady". I love how the "personality" of it changed with the darker background, switching the emphasis from the burgundy rounds to the linen ones, really cool!

kathy, that is simply stunning. not sure what i would call it, i don't think you can call it a painted lady as i think there is a doily out there with that name, but gosh is so beautiful i think i would call it, garnet blush as you have the reds adn the cream, and when you see them together, it looks like the cream color takes on the reddish color. thats what i would call it garnet blush, or january blush:D :D :D , hey you could even do a doily a month and make a book and get rich:D :D :D you have such talent i know you could easy sell those patterns (or just sell them yourself like you do your purses) any which way you name it or look at it it crys out "i am beautiful" thanks it, call it beautiful blush:manyheart :manyheart

:clapgorgeous! When I saw it I thought of garnet star. wonderful pattern! You ROCK!:yay

That's beautiful! I like this idea too - someone mentioned doing one for each month, I think that would be really cool - do a different doily for each gemstone correlating to each month or something.

Well how about a combination name " Elegant garnet lady"Because of its elegance and the beauty of the garnet and the dantiness of a lady . I know my spelling is bad but you get my drift. . It is quite beautiful I can't wait until I can crochet like that . :manyheart

Hi again everyone. I like the idea of doing the Gemstones instead of the months. I Like using the Garnet. So let me run this one by you. Garnet's Echo, Since it is a repeating pattern. Thankyou Elizabeth, you used the word and it just sort of jumped at me.

Archived