Hello from Spring TX

TxCrochetGranny

Hi New Friends,

I'm back to crocheting after more than a 20-year hiatus. I come from a long line of crochet people, but got too busy raising children, etc. Like others here, I found more support for knitting than for crocheting, so migrated to cross stitching for that soothing feeling that only needlework can bring. Then, I was in a bad wreck in 2001 and thought I would never be able to use my hands for any type of fine motor skills :( . After three years of surgeries and lots of therapy, I am just now trying to get back to crafts. For some strange reason, I picked up an old, old project, but the yarn was unusable. I found myself at the Hobby Lobby picking up thread and a free pattern. It's slow going, but I'm enjoying it so much that I've deciding to stick with it and look forward to finding some New Friends.

MDS

I got so excited that I forgot to really introduce myself! I'm 49 years old (ouch, I try to forgot numbers!), live in Spring, TX with my DH of 31 beautiful years (okay, some were not so beautiful at the time, but all are great in hindsight :)h ). We have three children: boy1 is 30, boy2 is 25 (and just ran his first marathon this morning--pretty exciting), girl-only is 22; boy2 gifted us with a mischievious, gorgeous, best-ever grandson 3 years ago (right after my wreck, so he didn't get the baby layette I used to be famous for with my friends--but we still have him, which is the most important thing). I'm sure to find stuff a three year old would like Granny to make.

Read you later.

Hi! :welcome to Crochetville! :wave

I lived for several years in Spring (until 1989 - I'm a year younger than your oldest son) and I have some friends from here (Las Vegas) that are in the process of buying a home there. Beautiful area. :)h

Welcome to Crochetville! :hi

Glad to have you in the group... :grouphug

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am enjoying my new friends here in crochetville. :day

I'd like to give a special shout-out to fellow- and former Texans. WOO-HOO (image a 49 year old women acting like that--:bad ).

IV2crochet--good to know someone is close by because one never knows when one will have a crochet emergency!

Rebecca--we can talk, girl! 3 year old boys are so adorable, and into everything, and talk all the time, and need lots of attention, and so on, and so on, and so on. I hope are enjoying yours as much as we enjoy ours!

tiffcrochets--if your friends are looking for something in the metro-Houston area, tell them they can't go wrong starting in Spring--we're right next to The Woodlands mall and 32 minutes to downtown Houston, but have that small town feeling.

Thanks again for your welcome. I'm heading back to my new project--the 63 squares crochet-along (BIG fun!) :knit

MDS

Wow, I need to be paying more attention to these threads. Lots of Texans making their way on here. :thinking1 *searches for an emoticon of a smilie tipping his cowboy hat* :?:shrug Oh well! I'm from Houston, myself. Welcome to the community. :D!

costumed-smiley-007.gifcostumed-smiley-038.gif

smilie_flagge13.gifsmilie_flagge12.gif

Hi Donna,

If you find that icon for a tipped-cowboy hat, please share--one can't have too many hats or boots in Texas (wink, wink).

Typically, I look at Michael's and Jo Ann's for crochet related stuff. Do you know of any really neat yarn/specialty stores in the greater Houston areas that would be fun for me to visit?

There are so many more crochet projects and new yarns on the market now than there was when I first learned to crochet or the last time that I was actively crocheting--it's very exciting, but confusing also.

Thanks for the welcome.

MDS

Archived