Do you have hot hands?

donnalynn2

I never would have thought this out of the ordinary until last week when I had to have a spinal done at the hospital. The nurse mentioned to me 3 different times that I had hot/sweaty hands. I never even realized it before.

Since then I have noticed something I always did before but wasn't aware of. While feverishly crocheting, I have to stop every few mins and wipe my hand as it really gets wet. I've also noticed that using Aluminum hooks makes it even worse.

Anyone else have this problem???

Yes, but mine is caused by an overactive thyroid, I have to go to the doc soon to get it regulated again. I find also they sweat more when I am super stressed (which has been a lot lately).

My daughter's hands are always to hot and damp to crochet easily. I tried to teach her to crochet last summer and had to hang up that project until the fall. I thought it was just CA weather.

I never would have thought this out of the ordinary until last week when I had to have a spinal done at the hospital. The nurse mentioned to me 3 different times that I had hot/sweaty hands. I never even realized it before.

Since then I have noticed something I always did before but wasn't aware of. While feverishly crocheting, I have to stop every few mins and wipe my hand as it really gets wet. I've also noticed that using Aluminum hooks makes it even worse.

Anyone else have this problem???

Good evening donnalynn2; I don't have hot hands, but I was wondering if any of the crochet hooks have anything, like nickel in them that you might be allergic to:think?? ,I know that I can't wear some pierced earrings that have nickel in them, it makes my ears real sore:angry , not a good thing.

What kind of crochet hooks do you use?or, are you nervous, or tense, & don't really realize it? this sounds kind of wierd, but are you taking any vitamins? or taking too many?? I get tense, & my hubby notices it, & i have to back off & relax.I try to crochet faster then my hands can go:eek

Good evening donnalynn2; I don't have hot hands, but I was wondering if any of the crochet hooks have anything, like nickel in them that you might be allergic to:think?? ,I know that I can't wear some pierced earrings that have nickel in them, it makes my ears real sore:angry , not a good thing.

What kind of crochet hooks do you use?or, are you nervous, or tense, & don't really realize it? this sounds kind of wierd, but are you taking any vitamins? or taking too many?? I get tense, & my hubby notices it, & i have to back off & relax.I try to crochet faster then my hands can go:eek

Well I notice the problem worsens when using my aluminum hooks. I love the Sparkle Jo-Anns plastic hooks (they are now my fave) but the smallest size is a J so since many of the projects I work on require a G and H I am stuck with the Boye ones...

I am super stressed all the time. Work, home, trying to have a baby... You would think crocheting would calm me down but I think I'm a little high strung... I'm not really nervous but I am stressed.

I take prenatel vitamins every day (per Dr.s orders) and never miss a dose...

I dunno what's causing it. I may have to get some Talcum powder as well...

Well I notice the problem worsens when using my aluminum hooks. I love the Sparkle Jo-Anns plastic hooks (they are now my fave) but the smallest size is a J so since many of the projects I work on require a G and H I am stuck with the Boye ones...

I am super stressed all the time. Work, home, trying to have a baby... You would think crocheting would calm me down but I think I'm a little high strung... I'm not really nervous but I am stressed.

I take prenatel vitamins every day (per Dr.s orders) and never miss a dose...

I dunno what's causing it. I may have to get some Talcum powder as well...

I was thinking:eek !! that if you're trying to have a baby, you should try to keep telling yourself to just relax, because when you're carring a baby, your nervousness, etc. all goes to your baby,.have you ever tried yoga?? it could help you.

About the crochet hooks, could you try to ask Jo-Anns if they can order you some smaller plastic hooks, they might be able to:clap .."stop, smile, and smell the roses!!" please don't let your being high strung get the best of you..

Ever since I was young, I remember my mother saying I was a hot little toaster. My body is warm and my hands are hot but not sweaty. If any of my kids were cold they would snuggle up to me on the couch because they knew they could get warm :fire

• 3 months later...

Mine are always warm. My son is the same way. My sweety says it's one of the perks loving a warm woman like me, No cold fingers or feet!

I don't have sweaty hands, but I do find after working on light colored fibers, the work looks a bit dingy next to the yarn ball...I just wash my hands more often now.

Archived