Arizona anyone?

abud24

Hi! I am up in North Phoenix! I would love to start a crochet group!!

Hello!!

The Desert Crochet Guild meets in North Phoenix! We meet every second Saturday of the month (and sometimes more). If you would like more info, drop me a PM! :)

Also, have you checked out Yarn & More at 23rd Ave and Northern? They have a lot of Sit 'N Stitch events and a monthly Project Linus Blanket Bee!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have anything for Mesa or Gilbert? I'm moving there in 3 weeks.

Hello!

I dont get over that way often, but my sister in law lives out in Mesa (Dobson and Baseline). She crochets, and knows a couple other gals who do as well...

Here is what our list shows for the East Valley:

The Fiber Factory

150 W. Main Street

Mesa

480-969-4346

1-888-969-9276

http://www.fiberfactory.com

Wed., Fri., Sat. 10-5:30

Tues. and Thur. 10-9

Over 4,000 square feet of yarn, accessories and equipment for knitting, weaving, spinning, crochet, tatting, basketry, Navajo weaving, and bobbin lace

Skip One Purl Too

480-539-7353

http://www.SkipOnePurlToo.com

Good selection of yarn, books, magazines and knitting supplies

Tempe Yarn & Fiber

1435 E. University Drive, Unit 10

Tempe

480-557-9166

http://tempeyarnandfiber.blogspot.com/

Monday - closed

Tuesday - Thursday 10-8:30

Friday - 1-8:30

Saturday - 10-8:30

Sunday - 12-6

Fiber Factory is legendary! They have all KINDS of stuff! Alos, they will be moving to a new location on July 1. Check the website for their new address - I think its just a few blocks from their current location.

I sure wish there was someone close to here in my neck of the woods (Kingman) to share crochet stories, patterns, etc.!!!!!!! I also wish there was someone close by that could give me a "visual tutorial" on how to post photo's here on the 'Ville:blush !! I guess if I really took the time I could learn but :eek :eek !!

• 1 month later...

I'm in Tucson. Lived on the eastside for the last 5 years and now I live at a small Buddhist center just off 4th Avenue as my husband's traveling.

Is there a group meeting anywhere for tea and crochet? I can imagine going to Casbah Teahouse when it reopens soon for winter. Has anyone been there? The food is strange and takes forever to get it, but the whole place looks like the inside of a sheik's tent - very Rudolph Valentino!

We've got about half of what we need to move to Arizona so I might be joining you in the spring! However, with the heat the way it's been here I'm wondering why in the world I want to move to Arizona and how I will cope! Do you just not go outside for half of the year??? I do seem to remember that it doesn't feel quite as hot as it does here because it's dryer. I visited the southwest once as a teen and loved it but now am getting cold feet. It's just such a long way from here, but I guess I will have some crocheting friends there already!

We've got about half of what we need to move to Arizona so I might be joining you in the spring! However, with the heat the way it's been here I'm wondering why in the world I want to move to Arizona and how I will cope! Do you just not go outside for half of the year??? I do seem to remember that it doesn't feel quite as hot as it does here because it's dryer. I visited the southwest once as a teen and loved it but now am getting cold feet. It's just such a long way from here, but I guess I will have some crocheting friends there already!

When you live other places you stay inside for half the year too. But usually it's during the winter. :wlol

It is hot here during the summer, but the dry heat makes a huge difference. Plus there are swimming pools all over. It may seem insane to go swimming (or even be out of the AC) when it's 115 outside, but at the pool it really doesn't feel that bad. The biggest thing to remember is to drink a lot of water.

In September the nights start cooling off. October is absolutely beautiful. No more trick or treating with your coat on! And winter is the best time to call the relatives -to tell them how warm it is! We had Thanksgiving dinner outside last year!

When you live other places you stay inside for half the year too. But usually it's during the winter. :wlol

Well, we live in southern Missouri so there's really only a month or so in the summer and a couple in winter when it's really unbearable. I don't know what I'm complaining about though, I grew up near the equator so I know that you get used to it. I think that's part of my problem here, about the time you're getting used to the weather it changes again.

I'm in Tucson. Lived on the eastside for the last 5 years and now I live at a small Buddhist center just off 4th Avenue as my husband's traveling.

Is there a group meeting anywhere for tea and crochet? I can imagine going to Casbah Teahouse when it reopens soon for winter. Has anyone been there? The food is strange and takes forever to get it, but the whole place looks like the inside of a sheik's tent - very Rudolph Valentino!

WOOHOO!!!!!

I am up for the Casbah suggestion!!! I go there every chance I get when I am in Tucson. I drive up from Sierra Vista about once a month or so.

It would be cool to get together!!! Let's plan :yes

WOOHOO!!!!!

I am up for the Casbah suggestion!!! I go there every chance I get when I am in Tucson. I drive up from Sierra Vista about once a month or so.

It would be cool to get together!!! Let's plan :yes

I'm still in Tucson for a couple months yet (then we move to Mesa). That sounds very fun. I've poked my head in there a few times, but never been.

Archived