Arizona anyone?

abud24

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to let all those in Tucson know about the plethora of crochet magazines at Bookman's (the used book store) on Grant and Campbell. They have new issues of Crochet!, some afghan and thread booklets, and Crochet Fantasy and Crochet World (newish issues). I picked up a bunch, but left a whole lot. :)

Also, is anyone going to be at the Yarn Harlot event up in Mesa tomorrow at the Fiber Factory? Anyone been to Fiber Factory? Is it worth a stop by itself? Alas, I can't be there for the whole thing, as I have a concert to skedaddle to up in Sun City, but I hope to stop by for a few minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

there are meetings once in a while at bookmans in mesa i to am in phoenix i know wyndfire personaly we belong to the desert crochet quild and have monthly meetings come check us out on yahoo groups "crochet arizona' we would love to have you join us and any one else

Thanks Wyndfire for all the great info. Maybe I'll see you at the next sit & stitch. I'm actually signed up on the Crochet Arizona email list. I joined just before Christmas, but I've never been to a get together, or been really active in the discussions. Maybe I'll get more involved though, seems like you guys have a good time. :yes

rbmbcrochet, its a lot of fun, I joined the group just a month or so after I first learned to crochet and they have been hugely supportive and informative! I've learned SO much! And have had so much fun! Hope to meet you soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Candy, what part of Tucson are you in? I'm over on the eastside. There is a Purl's yarn store on Broadway just east of Kolb. Right near there (almost literally) is a Michael's (on the southeast corner of Kolb and Broadway) and a Joann's (across the street from Michael's). Then there is a Hancock Fabrics store on 22nd Street and Wilmot but they have a small yarn selection.

Candy,

Our Guild here in Phoenix keeps a running list of all yarn shops in AZ... Heres what I found for the Southeastern AZ area...

SAFFORD

Cotton Clouds

5176 South 14th Avenue

Safford

520-428-8000

1-800-322-7888

http://www.cottonclouds.com

TUCSON

Esther's Handwerk Haus

3054 N. 1st. Avenue, #10

Tucson

520-882-7012

Tues., Thurs., and Sat. 10-6

Carries materials and equipment for spinning, weaving, knitting, tatting, Brown Sheep Co. yarns as well as handspun yarns

Kiwi Knitting Company

2540 E. 6th Street

Tucson

952-240-5646

http://www.kiwiknitting.com

Yarns from New Zealand and around the world, patterns, needles and lessons

Purls East

7531 E. Broadway

Tucson

520-296-6363

http://www.purlsltd.net

Mon.-Fri. 10 am - 6 pm

Saturday 10 am - 5 pm

Purls Northwest

7862 N. Oracle Road

Tucson

520-797-8118

1 888 377 8757

http://www.purlsltd.net

Mon.-Fri. 10 am - 6 pm

Saturday 10 am - 5 pm

WILLCOX

World Wide Hobbies

100 S. Haskell Ave.

Willcox

520-384-3197

I hope that helps!!

Candy,

Our Guild here in Phoenix keeps a running list of all yarn shops in AZ... Heres what I found for the Southeastern AZ area... I hope that helps!!

Thanks Wyndfire!! It does help!

Candy, what part of Tucson are you in? I'm over on the eastside. There is a Purl's yarn store on Broadway just east of Kolb. Right near there (almost literally) is a Michael's (on the southeast corner of Kolb and Broadway) and a Joann's (across the street from Michael's). Then there is a Hancock Fabrics store on 22nd Street and Wilmot but they have a small yarn selection.

Hi Karin! Thanks for the info....I am in Sierra Vista. Southeast of Tucson. I am familiar with the Broadway and Kolb Micheal's it's the closest Tucson craft store to me, so that's usually where I go.

Archived