6 inch squares -help needed-

dixieredhead

At 1:15am Friday the 16th Day of December 2005, we were informed of the passing of Officer Mike Slocumb from a heart related surgery. Mike is a thirty year veteran of law enforcement. He has been a Chief of Police both in Alabama and Illinois. here is a link: http://hbtv.us/NEWS/11-26-05%20Michael%20Slocum/2-16-05%20Mike%20Slocum.html

He leaves behind a wife, heartbroken and empty. She is a member of my city forum. And, she just returned this morning to say thank you to everyone who keeps her in mind.

He was such a great guy. Checking on neighbors and elderly, just to make sure everyone was ok. Very thoughtful and caring man. It is a loss to our community, not to mention what his family is going thru during this holiday season, now all alone.

Since this is a spur of the moment thing, and I know she could really use anything tangible to help with her healing process. If any of you have any 6 in. squares that you could donate, it would be so appreciated. I'm going to edge the 'ghan in black. to bring out the brightness of the colors.

I'm going on a ASAP deadline. I want her to get this before the end of Jan. It wont take me long to zip it together. If you would like to help in this please pm me for address.

I will donate a square - i never did a 6" one but am willing to give it a try

send me a pm with the address, etc

two of my girlfriends just lost their moms. Its hard enough to lose someone, but I hate it when it happens around the holiday. So sad

I can do a few squares as well - they might not be anything too fancy as I'm a beginning crocheter but I'll do my best. I have several family members in law enforcement so this particular request touches my heart. Please PM me the address to send the squares too.

Thanks,

April

Is it too late to send a couple of squares? I just saw this and would really like to help. My husband is retired from the Chicago Police Dept , so this is something I would really like to help with. Any color preferences?

Kathy

Awesome! i have some squares that i tried to make for Warm Up America, and they were "Supposed" to be 7x9, but they aren't, they are closer to 6 inches, i'll measure tonight and if i have any 6inchers, i'll PM you!

I received squares from these cities so far:

***Saco ***Brooklyn ***Palm Harbor ***North Prairie ***Bradenville ***Rockton *** Snohomish *** Campbell

Thank you all so much. I'm printing out tags to put on each square you all have sent so she will know where they came from. I appreciate the help you are giving in this. All the squares are beautiful! Ill keep updates on squares received and pics of 'ghan at the end of this month!

Thanks again!

Stacey:hug

Hi Stacy,

Do you still need more squares?

If so, I could whip some up in the next couple of days and send them off to you by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

Please let me know as I would love to help out:)

Thank you shelena! I am currently putting the squares together! My dd's are making squares too! This is a fun project and for such agood cause. Thank you all so much for helping. I'll try to post a pic tomo afternoon of the progress we have made on it. I'll be on the lookout for the squares! I have received a few packages lately I hope I've sent everyone a message that I received what they sent. I'm getting awfully behind on messages, housework, kids....eeek!:hook but.. I AM crocheting.. so my world is still at inner peace

Mine are made and ready to be mailed... as soon as that silly paycheck gets here. lol either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Thank you shelena! I am currently putting the squares together! My dd's are making squares too! This is a fun project and for such agood cause. Thank you all so much for helping. I'll try to post a pic tomo afternoon of the progress we have made on it. I'll be on the lookout for the squares! I have received a few packages lately I hope I've sent everyone a message that I received what they sent. I'm getting awfully behind on messages, housework, kids....eeek!:hook but.. I AM crocheting.. so my world is still at inner peace

That is wonderful to see that your DD's are helping out too;)

Gosh, I am always behind, I have just resigned myself to the fact that I will never catch up on mostly the housework...since I have that frame of mind, I figure that I should just concentrate on crocheting:hook

Are you still in need of 6 " squares? I'm doing some more cleaning and sorting of yarn and related stuff and might have some I could send. Let me know if you're in need and your snail in PM.

Archived