RebeccaVelasquez

Winter Wool - sign up closed!

344 posts in this topic

Jen!! Your package of wooly goodness went out today, sent priority with delivery confirmation and insurance as well. It should reach you Monday or Tuesday at worst, so Happy Valentine's Day!! :manyheart The tracking # is 03052710000242855723

I'm sorry I forgot to put in a card with your wool but I really loved spinning it and dyeing it especially for you and can't wait to see if you like it all. Please, please... don't be disappointed with my beginner's efforts! I am so nervous!:blush

P.S. Just so you can be on the lookout for it, I packed it a bright blue box with corndogs on it!! LOL:D

woolandflax (rebecca)

I got your wonderful package yesterday - thank you so much! I can't believe you did all that yourself. I've never done any hand dying or spinning, so I can't imagine all the work that went into these beautiful yarns. The variety is amazing, and the colors are BEAUTIFUL! I'm trying to think of how I can use them to really do them justice. They're perfect! :cheerThanks again!

th_yarn.jpg

(Big sigh of relief!) I'm so glad you like them! They should all felt well if you end up doing that with them and the coopworth is a little nicer next to the skin which I'm sure you can feel. Enjoy! and please post pics when you make something from them, I can't wait to see!!:clap And, you're very welcome.:hug

As promised, here is a picture of the wooly goodness Dawn sent me! I already have a couple of FO's from it as well! You can see the pictures on my blog, and I'll post them in the correct forum too. Thanks again dawn!

WoolSwap2.jpg

And Eugenie - As soon as I finish here and write out your card, I will be heading to the Post Office to send out your package today! You should get it early next week. I hope you like everything!

Jennifer,

When I arrived home and saw your package in a red Mickey Mouse envelope I assumed that it was a Valentine's Day package that we had been expecting for my children. You can imagine my delight when I saw the words "wool swap" and realized that the package was for me - woo hoo! I did let my kids eat the lolly pops while checked out my goodies. (But I kept their sticky fingers off of the "good stuff")

Here is a photo of it all:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/Eugenie3141/313ed641.jpg

First of all the wool is beautiful. I love the color, the hand and the extremely subtle variagation. I can't wait to try it out (as soon as I finish this c'ville session).

I equally love the extras that you included :clap

The darning needle set will come in handy, especially since I'm drawn to projects with lots of color changes. The wrist ball holder and the cutter pendant are two very cool items that I didn't know I needed until I saw them! I definitely could have used the cutter pendant on my last flight and will be bringing it on my next for sure.

Love the candies and the beautiful handmade dragonfly card you wrote your note on and I'm looking forward to trying the blueberry tea.

Last but not least, the little felted "companion" bag is just beautiful but I like it even more that it was your first knitting project and that you made it with yarn you received in the swap. Special on both counts. I will probably hang it over my stroller handle to hold some cash and lip stuff. Come to think of it, it will even hold my cell phone.

Thanks for a great Valentine's Day surprise :manyheart

Eugenie - I'm glad you liked your package! Hope you weren't too disappointed in the quantity of yarn - I wanted to get you something that you may not have access to, and the ladies at my LYS said that was some of the best wool to felt. It was a bit pricey, so I couldn't get much. But, it should be enough for a project! I loved the color so much that I was tempted to keep it for myself! In fact, once I de-stash some of my yarn, and my DH lets me buy some again, I'll probably go buy some of that... I look forward to seeing what you decide to make with it!

Debbie,

I'm so glad to hear that you got my package! You're welcome. I hope that you are not disappointed with the quantity of yarn because have been looking at some of the photos people posted of their loot and it looks like they got a lot more yarn for their money than I do at my LYS (and I went over the $25 limit). I think I'll have to start buying yarn online!

I just started crocheting in October and I have only bought yarn for specific projects so I didn't have anything to "de-stash." Anyway my first swap has been a lot of fun :yay Thanks to Rebecca for organizing the Winter Wool swap :cheer

Eugenie

I just loved my package, the yarn is great!:clap just love the color:manyheart

My wool came in from Kimberly and it is gorgeous. She sent me two hanks of her own spun wook, Sherwood Forest, some merino in lavender that is unscoured, a few cakes of multi colored yarn, as well as three skeins of Wool of the Andes in black, red and a skein of Parade Sock Yarn. She also included a beaded scissor fob her kids made and an Army gorilla and T-shirt for Elena!

I have such plans for this! The black and red yarn is going to be used for my latest fulled bag pattern, the rest will have to talk to me!

Thanks Kimberly! I can't wait til the next one.

th_DSC01696.jpg

thank you so much i love :manyheartwhat you've sent me it's awesome! it's sooo pretty! i'm now trying to figure out what to do with it. part of me just wants to stare at it and admire it all the time the other half of me wants to make something. LOL :cheer you did an awesome job.. my blog has a post about the package here

thankyou so much!

okay all... once again i've updated the received names.... everyone please ck the first post and make sure i have everyone marked received who has and that i don't have you marked if you haven't.

i'll be sending out more emails later this afternoon

THANK YOU to all of you who got your packages sent out on time! this seems to be a pretty successful swap! i'm very excited by that :yay :yay :yay :yay

remember to please go ck the first post.....

YA'LLi just realized that i have not yet posted here about the SECOND (woohoo) box from my fabulouso partner, deneen, arrived!!

LOOK LOOK LOOK

winterwool2.jpg

isn't the bag beautiful!?! and the yarn..... oooooooo

THANK YOU, DENEEN!!

you can read my plans here

Joy, (Montana Mommy)

I got your box of wool today!!! Thank you sooo much. Such a variety of colors. I can't wait to felt something!!!

THANK YOU!!

Bonnie

Rebecca, I hate to do this here, but I need to hear from you re the Falling Yarn swap.

not from here as yet Rebecca

I don't know why your package is taking so long. I feel horrible! Geez, it's been well over a month since I sent your package... :(

I still haven't recieved it but like i said 10-12 weeks with sea mail darl.

10 weeks and counting. Darn postal service,theres no service and i'm feeling POSTAL! LOL!

Gosh, I just feel awful... Give it another week or 2 and if you still don't have anything, I'll try to put another package together for you. I'm so sorry, I can't believe it's taking this long... :(

Donnalynn I can't believe it ,the wool arrived ! Thankyou so much

Donnalynn I can't believe it ,the wool arrived ! Thankyou so much

omg! that took forever! i was coming in here to see if you ever got it! so sorry that took so long... if i ever get u again as a swap buddy, i'll be sure to send it air!