Military Crocheters

WOW!!! There sure are alot of us military folks about!! :cheer

My Papa was in the Navy during WWII

My Dad was in the Navy for 14 years

My Dh has been in the Navy for over 11 years and if he does reenlist we will stay in until retirement.

My FIL and MIL were both in the Navy during Vietnam. MIL actually had to get out in '69 when she found out she was pregnant.

We are currently stationed at NASSIG in Sicily, and even though we've only been here about a year, we are now discussing our next duty station. Thoughts are on Germany or Pax River. Seems like you just get settled into a place then you have to start thinking about the next move!!! LOL

I thought about joining, but decided that it was too rigid and structured, and that bad word..organized (said in a whisper)!!! Gives me chills just thinking about the o word!!!

I've lived in different places from Louisiana to Virginia and about every state in between, as well as Illinois and Iceland. Although I personally couldn't tell the difference between Great Lakes and Iceland. They're both cold enough to freeze your..well, I'm sure you get the picture!!! LOL

I have a plaque on my wall that says "Home is where the Navy sends you." That statement about sums up life in the military, no matter what branch you are with!

Elizabeth

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ain't that the truth, only in our case it is the Army! I spent 14 years on active duty and now it is my hubby's turn! I love it, though! I am so used to moving, that every couple of years, I start to get the itch! We are in upstate NY now, and probably will be for awhile, but that's okay! I am from 35 miles north of where we are living!

I have a plaque on my wall that says "Home is where the Navy sends you." That statement about sums up life in the military, no matter what branch you are with!

Elizabeth

I have one as well, lol. It's a little house that says "Home is where the Air Force sends you". The house has hearts attached, and on each heart you write the base/post you are stationed at. My husband and I always say home is where the couch is, lol. Even if it doesn't feel like home, as long as you can lay on the couch together and watch tv..it's home for alittle while.

Donna

I am so used to moving, that every couple of years, I start to get the itch!

I get the 3 year itch too! Thank heavens I went away to school for 4 years and did a year of that 4 overseas, otherwise I don't think I ever could have gotten through my dad's 9 YEAR posting at Wright-Patt! We used to joke that they'd forgotten about us, but sometimes I'm not so sure it was a joke... lol

I have one as well, lol. It's a little house that says "Home is where the Air Force sends you". The house has hearts attached, and on each heart you write the base/post you are stationed at. My husband and I always say home is where the couch is, lol. Even if it doesn't feel like home, as long as you can lay on the couch together and watch tv..it's home for alittle while.

Donna

We just bought one of those,... actually 2, because my own was huge!! I was in for almost 10 years before my hubby went in!

I get the 3 year itch too! Thank heavens I went away to school for 4 years and did a year of that 4 overseas, otherwise I don't think I ever could have gotten through my dad's 9 YEAR posting at Wright-Patt! We used to joke that they'd forgotten about us, but sometimes I'm not so sure it was a joke... lol

LOL! The post we are at now tends to keep people longer! Will I survive that?!! Maybe, but only because my family is near here!

LOL! The post we are at now tends to keep people longer! Will I survive that?!! Maybe, but only because my family is near here!

I can understand that. My last active duty tour was in NY, where I'm from so I was with family. Good thing too because the dh wasn't stationed with me. At that time I had two kids and one on the way, I don't know if I would of made it otherwise.

Madelyn

I know the feeling! My husband is deploying in 3 weeks so I am glad to be here. Our military housing is just about center between post and my hometown so it works out well for me, especially since he is going to be gone for so long!

Lucky! I can't imagine being posted near family... my mom's family is in California, and my dad's is in Texas. We had 5 years a few hours away from dad's family, but after that the closest we ever got was Illinois!

Archived