CatsCradleCreations

~~2006 Square A Month Granny Swap~~Underway

900 posts in this topic

I just signed up too! I can't wait! I am already looking for 12" granny square patterns!:hook

sign me up . I want to join . I signed up . . I hope it went threw. can someone let me know.

Hi Norma

I think i'm just going to use one color and go strictly with the birthstone colors, so whatever stone it is that month , for those of you that are on MY list, that's probably the color you'll be getting ! :lol

There's an afghan pattern booklet out there called birthstone afghans . If any of you have it, it might give you some good ideas for colors !( I don't, but might try to get ahold of one ! )

Melissa - I know you've already had lots of questions, but here are 2 more-- can we only use ONE color for the square ( off the color list you made up ) and can we contact our person ahead of time for that month to ask them which color they'd prefer ?

Yes to both!! You are more than welcome to use only one of the colors listed. I've listed three colors for each to give some choices and variety--all three are birthstone colors, just different types of birthstones. And if you want to contact your group members for color preferences, that's perfectly fine as well.

Once the groups are formed, you'll have the e-mail addresses of your group members so you can contact them about color/pattern choice if desired.

Everyone will have to contact me for shipping addresses when you're ready to ship. Just trying to keep the swap running smoothly. :manyheart

I just signed up. This sounds fun!! I have one afghan that I made about 3 years ago from 12" swap squares and I just love it! Now I'll be able to make another one. :)

Hugs! Juli

I just signed up - hope I got in! I loved the Blue Squares Too swap, so this is right up my alley.

Brie, I got your info. Juli, I need you to go put in your info again, please. :D I had a coding mistake when you signed up; I fixed it though and need your info.

Everyone, please make sure when you get to the sign-up page that its "samsignup.pl" and not "samsignup.html" as the html page isn't working really well...

I'm in I'm in! This will give me the boost I needed to learn to and start making Granny Square Afghans...woo hoo....Plus I'll get to share with other great C'Villers, which is the really exciting part! :)

Robin

Did my sign up work Melissa??

Already scouting patterns and thinking of a mad dash to the Yarn store heehee

Robin

Did my sign up work Melissa??

Already scouting patterns and thinking of a mad dash to the Yarn store heehee

Robin

Yes. It went straight to the database like it was supposed to. There was a glitch in the script before, but I got it fixed before Brie signed up.

Brie, I got your info. Juli, I need you to go put in your info again, please. :D I had a coding mistake when you signed up; I fixed it though and need your info.

Everyone, please make sure when you get to the sign-up page that its "samsignup.pl" and not "samsignup.html" as the html page isn't working really well...

How do I know? :eek I've already done it and now when I go to the sign up page it is the html one.... please let me know if you do not have me. Thanks! :hook

Cindy M

P.S. Since you've had problems, and I'm paranoid I won't get in, I'm signing up on the .pl page, so if you have me twice you can take one of me off and then put me in time out in a corner for messin' with your system.

Hi Cindy -

Don't worry, it looks to me like you made it on the list. If you go back to page 1 of this thread, Melissa made a list of who all is signed up and you're on it!

I just signed up too, but I know it's close to the limit. Hope I make the cut!

Im In, I did it I am IN............:cheer:day . Going to be so exciting to share with the great people here. Thank you all for letting me be part of the :ghug

:woo:woo I'm sooo excited ! ! ! I got ahead of myself... :hyper ... and :drive down to JoAnn's with my emailed 40% coupon and scooped up a pound of the Caron brand acrylic yarn in black (it was $4.99 - 2.00 = less than $5, WITH TAX, for a POUND of yarn :yay ). Call me crazy, but I love how crisp it makes afghans look, and with the 35 squares afghan looming with a white background, I figure an equally stricking afghan with a black background is in order.

I truly am excited about this...if you couldn't tell by my eagerness, I truly do feel a wonderful sense of family going on in this forum. :ghug Inbetween you guys and my local crochet guild; NOBODY understands how much I love crochet like you guys do ! ! ! :hook

I signed up too- dont know if I made it or not - hmmm hope so - I'm feeling like its definately time to do a few squares!!!!!!!!!fiona

Hi Cindy -

Don't worry, it looks to me like you made it on the list. If you go back to page 1 of this thread, Melissa made a list of who all is signed up and you're on it!

Oops Julie :blush didn't go back to look. Sorry Melissa and thank you too.

Wow what a great group of crocheters...this is going to be SO much fun! I am going to have to dash away to Michael's or Jo-Annes tommorrow! Woo hoo!

Robin in MI

I'm so excited...I've added an album for my blocks in my Yahoo! album (thanks for the logo Melissa- I used that for my cover pic for this album, (don't worry, you have full artistic credit! LOL!) I picked a really cute pattern for January along with two reds and a black. I think my Jan. square will be 4 6" blocks together. It's a really neat pattern I hope my January receiver likes it!

Katie:cat