CatsCradleCreations

~~2006 Square A Month Granny Swap~~Underway

900 posts in this topic

***This swap is full and sign-ups are closed***

Hello, ladies and gents! It's about time to get started on those squares for another swap!

I'm Melissa, and I'll be running the Square A Month Granny Swap, a swap idea which was so cleverly recommended by fireandice. This swap will run the duration of 2006, so please keep that in mind when committing to the swap.

The Square A Month Granny Swap will consist of making one square each month of one calendar year as per this recommendation:

I'm up for this! I moderated a granny square swap once and beleive me, it can be really fun! But as a word of warning, it can be bad if people sign on then don't complete their part. I'd suggest maybe 1 square a month, over a year. This worked out the best before. IMHO :tup
and sending it to a member of your swap group.

The size for these squares is 12", following this color chart.

Any pattern may be used when making the squares. Click one of the links below for a great variety of 12" square patterns. At the end of the year, each participant should have 12 squares in which to create his or her own unique afghan.

:rememberPlease keep in mind that this group is very diverse and represents a wide range of skills. When you receive your square, if you feel you have a problem with it, please keep the comments private between you and the sender. If you feel you need to contact me as well, please do so, but let's keep any negative comments off the post, please.

Click the link to be taken to the rules.

Rules

Some 12" Square Pattern Sources:

Marlo's Crochet

Chris Simon

Crochet Pattern Central

Group Assignments

Swappers:

Squares received by month:

1. Melissa/CatsCradleCreations Jan, Feb, Mar

2. Mary/Qmare Jan, Feb (Mar in transit)

3. Julie/Julie Jan, Feb

4. Donna/donnalynn2 Jan, Feb, Mar

5. Paula/busybee Jan, Feb (Apr in transit)

6. Lani/dhaunae Jan, Feb (May in transit)

7. Cristin/cristin~FL Jan, Feb, Mar, Nov

8. Jimmie Lu/Jimmie Lu Jan, Feb, Mar

9. Kiki/Kiki Jan, Feb (Mar in transit) (Apr in transit)

10. Bonnie/BonnieCrochets Jan, Feb, Mar

12. Cindy/hischildsindi Jan, Feb, Mar

13. Shelby/wyldflrs Jan, Feb, Mar (Apr in transit)

14. Celeste/Celestial Seasonings Jan, Feb, Mar

15. Jennifer/SheCrochets Jan, Feb, Mar

16. Anna/Yarnoholic Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr

17. Vims/crochetlady Jan (Feb in transit)

18. Stacey/dixieredhead Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May

19. Sara/topperarnold Jan, Feb

20. Sondra/123mama Jan, Feb, Apr

21. Katie/Katie45694 Jan, Feb, Mar, May, June

22. Debbie/whitedtu Jan, (Feb in transit) Aug

23. Norma/snbarclay Jan, Feb, Mar, July

24. Linda/dragonfly Jan, Feb, Mar

25. Juli/craftimama Jan, Feb

26. Sabrina/Brie Jan (Feb in transit) (Mar in transit) (Apr in transit)

27. Robin/CrochetAddicted74 Jan, Feb

28. Courtney/xmaystarx Jan, Feb, Mar, Sept

29. Diane/rddugan Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr

30. Laura/lauravee Jan, Feb, Mar

31. Fiona/mumbles17 Jan, Feb

32. Melanie/Crocheting_MammaII Jan, Feb (Mar in transit)

33. Susan/susandoty48 Jan, Feb, Mar

34. Elizabeth/Elizabeth Jan, Feb

35. Cheryl/mason204 Jan (Feb in transit--resent 3/15) Mar

36. Veronica/vernzap Jan, Feb

37. Karen/KarenCarter Jan, Feb

((38. Angela/Fruggs Jan (Feb)))

39. Tina/fireandice Jan, Feb, Mar

40. Leslie/katandia Jan, Feb (Mar in transit)

41. Lene'/Lene Jan, Feb (Mar in transit)

42. Brenda/AngelFairy Jan, Feb

43. Ginny/airmedh Jan, Feb, Mar

44. Evelyn/evelyn Jan, Feb, Mar

45. EB/Jimmie Lu Jan, Feb, Mar

46. Rebecca/WoolandFlax Jan, Feb

47. Kathy/kahud48 Jan, Feb, Mar, Aug, July

48. Lisa/jchllm Jan, Feb, Apr, Nov

That's it!

No...Group 1..........................Group 2..........................Group 3.............Group 4

1......Celestial Seasonings.....lauravee.........................SheCrochets.......BonnieCrochets

2......wyldflrs..........................Crocheting_MammaII.....Kiki.....................cristin~FL

3..........................................Elizabeth........................dhaunae.............donnalynn2

4......Jimmie Lu.......................vernzap..........................Qmare..........Yarnoholic

5......(fruggs)............................Jimmie Lu (EB)................crochetlady........dixieredhead

6......busybee.........................fireandice.......................topperarnold......Katie45694

7......Julie................................AngelFairy.....................whitedtu...............snbarclay

8......CatsCradleCreations....airmedh.........................dragonfly.............kahud48

9......susandoty48.................evelyn.............................Brie.......................craftimama

10......123mama....................woolandflax...................hischildsindi.......xmaystarx

11......CrochetAddicted74....Karen Carter..................mason204...........rddugan

12......mumbles17.................katandia.........................Lene.....................jchllm

So, do we make one square per month or 12? I went to the rules and it was hard to tell.

thanks!

I'm assuming 1... ???:think I'm swamped at work and have only a few brain cells to devote. I am thinking it's just one.

I'm IN!!! :cheer

Holy cow... I just went to the other thread and see that it's one square per month. It's been such a day!

Yipeeeeeeeeeee! I can hardly wait!!!

I'm signed up!!! I've been waiting for this one since I missed out on the Blue Squares Too!!!! Hmmm, I wonder if we could commit to 2 partners... I can certainly do more than 1 square a month... Just a thought! :think

The reason we're only doing one square a month is because of the number of swaps here on Crochetville. This is to give the chance to those who might not sign up for a larger swap. So, for this one, only one square a month.

:cheer :cheerJust signed up, Im so excited, My frist swap. Got all the christmas done and wondered what I was gonna be doing next. Now I know.............:clap :clap

I'm IN! This will be great. And Donna, I know I can do more than one square a month too and I figure I'll do just that ... I plan on using those extra squares to make a larger afghan at the end :)

Just filled out the form. How cool is it that my birth month(June) has greens and purples in it and my favorite colors are purple and green (woodsy colors) ? lol

:clap I'm excited, my first swap. :hook

Question for my clarification. It's called "Granny" swap, does this mean we are limited to granny squares or any 12 inch pattern?

Not that "limited" is applicable with all the awesome granny patterns in the links. ;)

melissa I would love to sign up for this one but the only problem I face is that the yarn here might not be the same as red heart:think so if its ok to send a different yarn(its acrylic and washable) then I would love to participate.

hugs:yay

Vims

PS will wait for your answer to sign up:hook

Vims, I'm sure it will be fine, #3 in the rules says "machine washable, non-shrinking yarn, i.e. most acrylics". The "Red Heart, Caron, and Bernat" were just examples of what we have here. It's the content of the yarn and and washability, not the brand. :)

Cindy

P.S. Thanks Melissa for your doing this!

Signed up and planning to plot out some squares. Will we be assigned to groups by color scheme?

Question for my clarification. It's called "Granny" swap, does this mean we are limited to granny squares or any 12 inch pattern?

Any 12 inch pattern is fine. I just included those sites because of the wealth of pattern links. If you want to use 4 six inch patterns sewn together, that's fine, too. As long as the square ends up 12 inches.

Will we be assigned to groups by color scheme?

The groups will be assigned mostly randomly, but with respect to the overseas shipping issue. The color schemes are for each month in the swap. For January, the color schemes are the birthstone colors for January and so on throughout the year. Maybe I should clarify that a bit on the color chart. :think

melissa I would love to sign up for this one but the only problem I face is that the yarn here might not be the same as red heart:think so if its ok to send a different yarn(its acrylic and washable) then I would love to participate.

Yes! As long as the yarn is machine washable and won't shrink, by all means, it's okay! I didn't even take into account the brands available overseas. Thank you for mentioning that. :hug

when you said to be on the look out within the next few days; you weren't playing! :lol i LOVE :manyheart this forum. it's such a well oiled machine around here! :hook i signed up and hope i'm among the 30 or so people that you limited the swap group to. i'm VERY excited about swapping with a group of people that are so warm and friendly. i can't wait to see everybody's work! :c9

Ok Gang

I'm in --

There are too many of my crochetalong buddies in here to pass this one up !

Melissa - I know you've already had lots of questions, but here are 2 more-- can we only use ONE color for the square ( off the color list you made up )

and can we contact our person ahead of time for that month to ask them which color they'd prefer ?

I already signed up !!

Howdy to all my buddies and all the new people I don't know yet !:manyheart

Sounds like fun, and something I have time to do. I'm glad its just 1 square a month, otherwise I couldnt commit:clap Thanks Melissa!

I just signed up! :yay I am so freaking excited! I ALWAYS miss swap sign up deadlines. Thanks for heading this up, Melissa! :manyheart