Freeform a good match for my hooks?

jimbo

Just found this forum and all the amazingly artistic free style things that are made "freeform". Now I'm wondering if freeform might be an area of focus when i get serious about marketing my carved hooks, which are pretty "freeform" themselves*.

If so, I'm curious what hook size(s) are best for this kind of work. Any thoughts?

*th_ced836d5.png

Hi Alosha!

I use a variety of wood. I started with apple but i have limited access to the tree these days (snow) and orders have taken most of my supply. I also make hooks of fir, which is a very light weight and a pretty honey grain. And i have a limited supply of a pretty fruitwood. You can see some photos if you search "my latest hook" or my username "jimbo".

Thanks for your suggestions. I think my hooks and this freeform work would be really good combination. At least I'd love to see my hooks make this kind of art.

Hi Jim, honestlly any size hooks are used depends on the yarn and the person crocheting. Your hooks would be wonderful no matter what size they are!

Hay Jacqui!!! I'm guessing your hook should be at your door maybe today or tomorrow!! Lets see you make a really cool freeform scrumble with it! or whatever... i'm just pumped that a little piece of the old apple tree is going to be in such capable hands!!

Archived