scissor cover/holder

Katchkan

Last week I saw a post that had this pattern in it. http://members.optusnet.com.au/we2/scissorscover.html I thought what a nice little gift for someone special. So I made one. Of course I had to customize it. I did do a few changes, like add beads, Just had to have beads. And a few other changes. Was very pleased with how it turned out. Now I must remember to make myself one once the holidays are over. It is done with size twenty thread and a size 10/1.3mm boye hook. The beads are a size 12 two cut with an iridescent finish. It just perfect for one of the little pair of stork scissors.

Scissorcase.jpg

I'm going to have to make that! It is so cute, and I'm constantly losing my scissors. Very nice!!! Beads, yes, they're a must. Now what colors? :think My favorite combination lately is turquoise thread with blue beads (like gorgeous medium blue rocaille glass E or small royal blue cats eyes) but I may try something a little more sensible for a scissors holder. Perhaps tan with brown beads? Now you know why I never start anything, I can never pick what color I want to make it in. :hook

Archived