Jobs at Hobby Lobby?

I'm wondering if anyone here has any suggestions for me...

We are getting a HL next year and I would love to apply for a job there. Not only is it so much closer to my house (right now I drive 45 mins each way to work) plus I would get away from the devil incarnate that I work for! :devil Problem is that I can't apply for any regular positions because of my leg and probably won't be able to for months.

When I worked for Michaels, they had 2 full time positions in the back office. One person was in charge of the money, counting the bags, resetting the bags and safe as well as making deposits and another was in charge of schedules, paperwork and such. I am fully qualified for either of these and would love to apply for one of them but A)I don't know if HL has these positions and B)I don't know how to go about applying for it.

I went to the HL website and under careers, they just have standard positions on there and nowhere does it show anything for the specific store I want to work for... Maybe I should try to call the corporate office? I'll probably just get an answering service... Can anyone offer suggestions. I know that the position(s) I am interested in are usually the first ones to get filled so I want to jump on this now...

Any ideas would be appreciated! THANKS!

My only suggestion would be what you've already mentioned. Try and contact a corporate office and be very "enthusiastic!" about the new location. Also, in the event you speak to anyone (besides a switchboard) mention your relavent experience at Michaels. That may get attention- If that fails, you could always forward them a resume with a lovely cover letter with the same info- (enthusiasm for location, etc.) Katie:cat

• 7 months later...

donnalynn2 ~ I can help you a bit. Last year my city got a Hobby Lobby. I started with them during the set up and was hired on as a manager for 2 of their departments and their events/classroom coordinator. (I no longer work there.) What they did here is advertised through the local job service and had a few days where you could go in and talk with them and go through an interview.

I would definately recommend calling the corporate number just to let them know that you are interested. Maybe they can get you in ahead of time.

Good Luck! Hope all goes well for you!

Archived