American Girl Crochet

diamond

This is part of the wardrobe I made for my great-nieces American Girl doll last week. All was freehanded but I will be writing up instructions as soon as my American Girl doll arrives and I start making more clothes for her. The cocoon sweater was done using the schematics everyone has been doing for adult cocoons. I call the skirt an "American Girl Triple Play" as it can be worn as a skirt, poncho or top. It has a drawstring threw the top with pompoms on the ends. The beanie is just your basic beanie. All were made using LB's Microspun and an H hook. I will be posting more pictures of the other things I made the doll soon. Clothing will fit most 18" dolls.

fullset2os.th.jpg cocoonback3dp.th.jpg cocoonbkupclose0ks.th.jpg

Images clickable for larger/better viewing.

NOTE: On the cocoon; the top half is done with single crochet, the bottom done in double crochet except around the collar, that, again, is done in single crochet. I did add a tie closure to the front and a row of double crochet around the belled sleeves to give a ruffled look. 'Triple Play' and beanie all done in double crochet.

ALSO NOTE: the teal shrug was made by my niece, Theresa. She came down for a week and I taught her to crochet. This was her very first piece she made. Not bad at all for a beginner. I am very proud of her.

To see more crochet clothing for the American Doll, please visit my site .

Thanx, Coralie! If I hadn't had a doll to keep trying on things, I would never have been able to make things fit like they did. As it was, the shawl started out as my first cocoon until I realized I was making it too big. :rofl I now have my own doll ordered and will be able to write up the patterns from now on. When I do, I'll post the patterns for anyone who wants to make American Girl doll clothing. I really enjoyed making the clothing. It gave me 'instant gratification' to see clothing actually finished instead of becoming WIPs.

For those interested in making American Girl doll clothes, Target has a similar doll called 'Our Generation' dolls that sells for $20.....American Girl dolls go for just under $100 each.

My dd told me a couple of months ago that she always wanted one of those dolls & I never got her 1 :( She doesn't want one now :lol They have a similiar doll at walmart too pretty inexpensive.

Cute outifit Cheryl I'm sure they'll love it.

Thanx, Coralie! If I hadn't had a doll to keep trying on things, I would never have been able to make things fit like they did. As it was, the shawl started out as my first cocoon until I realized I was making it too big. :rofl I now have my own doll ordered and will be able to write up the patterns from now on. When I do, I'll post the patterns for anyone who wants to make American Girl doll clothing. I really enjoyed making the clothing. It gave me 'instant gratification' to see clothing actually finished instead of becoming WIPs.

For those interested in making American Girl doll clothes, Target has a similar doll called 'Our Generation' dolls that sells for $20.....American Girl dolls go for just under $100 each.

Thank-you Cheryl! :hug I sure would appreciate the patterns. My nieces are 5 and 7,,,,actually to be "technical" they are my great nieces :blush They love the dolls little shrugs but their mother said "Aunt Coralie, I know how you like things to be "just right" and you would probably want to make them again,,,,but the girls love them" So your help would be greatly appreciated so Aunt Coralie can make them "just right". :hug

Coralie

I got my American Girl doll delivered this morning! I now have a model to make more clothes. I've named her 'Kelela Lea'. My name 'Cheryl' in Hawaiian is 'Kelela' and I shortened my middle name of 'Leah' to 'Lea' to go with the flow.....Kelela Lea. I will call her 'Lela' pronounced 'Layla'. Now to get busy making more clothes & writing down the patterns.

Archived