Places where you've crocheted

You guys have given me great ideas on places to crochet! Here's the places I can think of that I've crocheted.

I'm usually on the couch or recliner watching tv.

At family and friends houses

Taco Bell

Wendy's

Ruby Tuesdays

in the car (DH is driving)

church

during choir practice (when it was a song I had memorized)

Camping

At the playgrounds

in the mall

at the Renassance Festival

and those are just off the top of my head. I may take it with me the next time I go to the Karaoke bar!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*In the car during road trips (hubby always drives)

* in the car (drivers seat) while waiting for the kids to come out of school

* sitting in my rocker in front of the Tv

* waiting rooms

*In the camper during rainstorms

* in a lawn chair while camping

*on the front porch

* on the back porch while watching daycare kids

at a public pool when I am tired of swimming

Deb in warm and sunny WI

At home, on the couch

in bed watching tv

in the car while DH is driving

I've tried to weave in ends of a bag at stop lights....oops:blush

at work

while waiting for DH to get off work

while cooking dinner (go back and forth, crocheting and checking dinner)

on the ferry

road trips

hmm, not sure where else yet.........

I've crocheted while driving in traffic.... baaaad.

I've crocheted in a sports bar while watching college football. (discreetly under the table).

I've crocheted while tailgating at the University of Alabama.

I've crocheted on the beach at Gulf Shores.

I have no problem crocheting anywhere, really.

Typically at home..but on our recent RV trip to Virginia I did a lot of crocheting in the motorhome while seated on the couch -- the dog has determined that the passenger seat is his! (Hey who am I to argue, it's more comfortable on the couch!)

Oh, anywhere I think I can get away with it!

on the couch

on the bed

on the bus

on the subway

on a plane

in the airport

anywhere at home--but I don't think I've crocheted in the bathroom

at work during lunch

planes

trains

automobiles

couch

bed

kitchen table

friends/in-law/parents houses

traffic jam

lunch break (when I was working)

baseball game (when hubby coaches)

:blush

Most unusual: High School English class.

The entire class had to memorize and recite the middle English Prologue to Canterbury Tales by Chaucer. So, while everyone was reciting...one by one...I would crochet until it was my turn...I can't stand to sit idle...drives me crazy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all I wanted to join in and list where I have crocheted. Since I am new it is not a long list, but it is growing.

:sstar On the couch

:sstar In front of the computer trying to learn a new stitch or getting help from the wonderful people here

:sstar In the car waiting for my BF... He always says he is going to run into the office and be out in a minute. I have learned if I go in he stays there longer... If I stay in the car he comes out much faster. (Who do you know who goes in on their vacation to work?)

:sstarIn the car going on trips

:sstarOutside on my deck where i got an oddly shapped sun burn

:sstarAt a gun show (where several people wanted to know if I could make them stuff with the camo yarn)

I also just wanted to add something about my Mom. My Mom was in the Army (a medic and a M.P.). Anyways she was stationed with what was before she got there and again after she was transfered an all male unit as the medic. They had field exercises and my Mom had to go make sure that nobody got hurt or fix them up if they did. She says that it was mostly like watching children playing and like all mothers watching their children playing the mothers do other things like crochet.

Happy crocheting all

Elizabeth

* in the car: while as a passenger or waiting for someone I'm with to do something

* in waiting rooms: I'm a VA patient, so I spend LOTS of time waiting to see doctors/dentists and waiting to pick up prescriptions

* at church: yes, even during service

* on the couch

* on the bed

* on the wicker settee on the back porch

* in a lawn chair while camping

* in the travel trailer while camping

* at friends' houses

* at my parents' house

* on planes

* in airports

I think that's about it...in public, it usually draws interest...people either just stare or they ask you what you're making.

:angel

• 2 months later...

I have a morning routine where I, while having my morning coffee in bed, read the paper, do the crossword puzzle, and then crochet for about half an hour. I find it puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. My cat curls up next to me and dozes.

The strangest place I've ever crocheted was in the bathroom at work. I had to finish a gift for a co-worker for her birthday that day. I had stayed up all night working on it and it still wasn't done. Since I couldn't very well sit there and crochet in front of everyone else while they were working, I had to hide in the bathroom stall with the bag of yarn on the door hook. :blush

At work which I shouldn't but when we have down time we really have down time. Put it this way there were only 2 of us in our normally 4 person office and I was bored so I crocheted. I also crochet at soccer games. When I quit smoking I don't think I ever put it down.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's where I crochet:

at the bank drive through

while homeschooling my daughters

while giving my daughters baths (eventually they beg me to come out because the water is getting cold and they are shriveled up like little prunes)

while giving my daughters showers (but that was getting too expensive as I would let them take 45 minute long showers)

outside watching my daughters play

in bed (my favorite place to crochet)

in the living room watching a movie

can't crochet in the car or I would throw up

at a family reunion

at the airport

not on the plane though. my younger daughter is scared of planes so I had to hold her hand the WHOLE time we were airborne.

The funny thing is that crocheting in all these different places makes perfect sense to all of us. But to a none crocheter it makes no sense at all. I have gotten some flack in the past from a family member for crafting in their presence when they felt I should have been just visiting. But how do you sit down and not crochet??

*while putting kids down for a nap at the daycare that i used to work at....

*at Thanksgiving...my aunt and uncle's house...everyone kind of looked at me funny.

*in my bed (easiest)

*on the loveseat in the living room

*in the car as a passenger...though I wasn't able to do it very long...I got dizzy and stopped.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived