Places where you've crocheted

I know this has been talked about in other subjects, but I thought I'd open up a seperate one just for this.

I crochet in the dentist office regularly.

I was crocheting in the Expo the other day while Mom and Dad were picking out appliances.

I don't crochet a lot in the car though.

I'll probably add more later

Amber

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question, Amber!

~I've crocheted in the car while riding as a passenger, but even sometimes while sitting in line at the bank drive-thru.

~In the Wal-Mart automotive department (I even went back to crafts to buy yarn and a hook just to have something to do while I waited.)

~Assorted doctor's offices and surgery waiting rooms.

~While fishing with Rick.

~in restaurants waiting for our orders.

~at work when I worked, and would have been in trouble if I'd been caught!

i don't usually get to crochet in waiting rooms - i'm usually pulling a child off the ceiling.

mainly during the afternoon when i wait in the car for my oldest 2. i know this is bizarre - but it works for me:

my older 2 get out of school at 3. my younger 2 want to nap around 1/1:30. So, we leave the house at about 1:30 everyday, drive over to sister's school and by that time the boys are asleep. it takes about 15 minutes to get there. so i have from 1:45 until 3 to crochet or read. i park in the shade and roll down all the windows. we've not gotten too hot yet- and of course, i keep water with us :) and i crochet at night after my housework is done in front of a movie on my ball, or the couch if i'm tired. but usually the ball :bounce

some add-ins - i always have a bag in the car with a small project while hubby drives. i also snatch up minutes here and there when i can. my younger 2 like to spend ooodles of time in the bath everyday, so i sit on the potty next to them and spin or crochet

1. crocheted in the waiting room for the dr's/dentist

2. on the bus and train to/from work

3. on the stoop to my house

4. in my bedroom (wonderful right before bed!) DH reads books and i crochet :P

5. I struck up a conversation with a Newsday reporter (ny newspaper) because i brought out my crochet on a cold winter afternoon while we were waiting for the next train arrive. I needed something to keep my hands warm :knit

6. during lunch at work :rock

7. at my inlaws house, waiting for my DH to say "ok" so we could go home... :ha

And... i have to mention watching an old lady coming onto the train... i saw her bag and knew right away she either crocheted or knitted. now i'm in new york, so people normally keep to themselves... but i couldn't help but smile when she pulled out the hook and her WIP!

~Marj

Okay, no offense to blonds, but after reading that someone crochets while at drive throughs, I had to post this. :)

There was a blond driving down the road, crocheting. And officer saw her and turned his lights on. The blond however, did not respond. The officer drove up along side her, rolled down his window and yelled Pull Over!

No, the blond yelled back. PULL OVER! the officer yelled again.

NO! yelled the blond. once again the officer tried. PULL OVER! NO, the blond yelled back, Sweater!

:D

Amber

I have been known to crochet in the following places:

Anywhere in the house (except the bathroom and kitchen). This includes my bed (usually in the middle of the night when I cannot sleep!).

In the porch swing out back.

Waiting at the doctor's office.

Waiting for the shuttle bus. On the shuttle bus. Waiting for the commuter train. On the commuter train.

In the break room at work... haha.. even walking TO THE BREAK ROOM (goodness that's hard to admit!).

Saturday evenings while visiting at my grandmother's house.

At the computer, while it downloads, or updates, or whatever.

:))

I crochet mostly on the sofa next to my "gear". I also crochet in bed, during breaks in class, and while DH is driving. Laura starts dance class this week, so I'll have an hour to crochet then, too. :woohoo

I have crocheted in the kitchen, snatching those few minutes while something cooks, before it's finished. Not often though, usually I'm well placed in my usual spots. :D!

any where i can.. the most unusual i would have to say was i was out with some friends one night and i was crocheting while we were socializing at a local resturant .. i was getting weird looks.. i didnt care..it was near christmas .. so it was go out and crochet or stay home and crochet.. but one way or another i was gonna crochet.. i have also been known to crochet between my shifts when i was a bartender.. i would set up shop in a booth in the back of the bar in a corner out of the way ... i have a little basket i carry in my car with at least one project in it at all times so if i find myself in a place where i have time i can do some work....

During Class

Behind the counter at work

During Staff Meetings

On airplanes

On the university buses

Probably restaurants or dining halls

In bed

Watching TV

At friends' houses (last year I finished most of their christmas presents while sitting at their houses and just handed it to them with them not having a clue until then that it was for them.. I'm sneaky)

During play rehearsal

In the car, as a passenger

Sitting in a lounge chair in Florida by the pool

And any place else that I'm not afraid of a loose ball rolling somewhere dangerous... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

on a bus, on a train, in bed, on the couch, in the kitchen, on the terrace, on a ferry boat, at a ball game, at a friend's house, on a camping trip, when it's hot, when it's not, and in a car...not while driving though...at work, but only on breaks...during a radio show between songs (when I was an announcer) with a cat trying to help me, with an ex glaring at me, a dog whimpering to go out.

:lol That was good.

My brother and I were in our suits for an interview at the library. After the interview,(ask and I'll tell) we stopped by the muffler shop to get the muffler repared. So I crocheted in there. Only problem, is that I needed a lint brush on my suit afterwords. 8o

Amber

• 2 weeks later...

ooops. Sorry. Didn't check this forum recently.

My brother and I (19 and 16) Where at a political meeting. We were showing someone our family picture (large 8 by 10 I think) and someone else was craning his neck to see the photo. :) He came up to us later and said that he was a reporter and he wanted to do a story on the family. That changed later to a story on the two of us and our political involvment. (Much to Mom's relief as we are redoing the kitchen and in no condition for an interview) So David and I went to the library. It turned out to be a very nice article!

If you want to check it out, click the link and scroll down a bit. The story will be Teen siblings passionate about politics. Article

Anyway, that was interesting. :D

Now I'm off to scrub the kitchen ceiling so we can paint it today!

Amber

Alright - here's my list...

in the car as driver (while stuck in traffic) and as passenger

on the train

on the city bus

on my couch

in bed

at friends houses

at families houses

on planes

in airports (got lots of stares there)

in Las Vegas

on the beach in Aruba

behind the computer at home

and at work when I should have been working but really didn't want to.

I think that's it. Nowhere really weird. Will be crocheting while waiting at the surgeons office today, so I guess I can add that to my list too...

Jennifer

• 1 month later...

Living room, at the computer, at work in the break room, at the in-laws homes, on the bench up front at work (by the check out stands of walmart LMFAO yeah you get some looks), The car, the bowling alley between frames, at my mom's home (5 hours from my home), and anywhere i have my stuff with me and can sit still long enough to do it LOL

Hi! I thought I'd add my favorite places to crochet :crochet too!

-in the kitchen while waiting for dinner to finish

-watching tv

-at Mom's

-in the bathroom while my kids are playing in the tub

-Dr, Dentist, and hospital :faint waiting rooms

-the MATERNITY WARD :rotfl (while in labor:ohdear )

-the car (while a passenger)

-in bed

-on the back porch

Archived