Which yarns would you like to try?

The recycled silk and ribbon are both on my "want to try" lists. Maybe after Christmas gifts are done. The silk I've felt at my yarn shop didn't feel prickly, though it did look like it might be difficult to work with. Still, I would like to give it a whirl, it was $20 for a skein.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to keep my eye out for it on ebay, though I am worried I'll then get a prickly perhaps lower quality recycled silk? If I buy it from the shop, I can at least feel it. I'm hoping to get at thinner scarf out of one skein...maybe?

• 1 month later...

I found some nylon crochet thread in a bead store. I bought a dusty rose color and am making a little shoulder bag out of it. It's so easy to work with! Makes a very fine stitch, with an interesting feel to it when it's made up. Hubby said in silver, it would look like chainmail, which may be my next project.

i would like to try the bamboo yarn. am very interested in how that is made as we have a huge thatch of bamboo in our yard and i didn't even know that there was such a thing as bamboo yarn, or is it made out of something else and called that:blush :blush :blush :blush :blush , if it is, me :bad . sorry couldn't resist,. seriouly is there such a thing as yarn made from the bamboo plant? let me know some one please? thanks vicki:hsanta

hmmmmm i wonder how it is made? and where can i get it?:D! :D !:D! :D ! that would be cool to make my own bamboo yarn!!!:rotfl then hubby couldn't complain about how much i spent!!!!hehehehe thanks for letting me know vicki:))

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lillian1969

I love chenille, I buy alot of caron one pounder and super saver yarns because they are cheaper.I just love all yarn

Guest ParchedWhisper

one day maybe i will be able to try some of that hand painted silk yarn. I love looking at it on ebay and the colors are so pretty.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 1 ball of the beige colored Carmen on a whim awhile ago... and now I can't find it anymore, my Michael's is all sold out and JA's doesn't have it, and I have no idea what to do with one ball of the stuff but it's soo soft!!

I too would love to work with that bamboo yarn and also cashmere is on my list for somedy when I have lots of money...!!

• 4 weeks later...

any of the newer stuff. I love Fun Fur but can't for the life of me figure out what I'd do with funfetti, or any of the bumpy chunky fantasy type yarns like it. I've tried only a few of the new stuff, Dream, Homespun, Baby Clouds, but I would like to try more expensive stuff. I have never used pure wool either. I guess I just stick to what I know, acrylic, it works for me and that's what matters when you are financially strapped :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything! I am new to crochet and I had no idea there were so many wonderful yarns out there! I bought a skein of Chenille Thick and Quick, but my beginner hands weren't ready for it yet. I've done a skinny scarf with Homespun, which I just LOVE, so maybe it's time to try the chenille again. Joann has some bamboo yarn that looks really cool, and I love the super bulky stuff from Lion (or anything from them, really). I'm absolutely addicted to looking at yarns and patterns. There are so many I want to try!

I would absolutely love to try the mohair or cashmere yarns. They are sooooo soft! But - I am allergic to wool so the cashmere may be out of the question. Don't know about the mohair, so I guess I'll have to try it and see!!! LOL

Do latex gloves interfere with crocheting???????

Elizabeth

Archived