Which yarns would you like to try?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim, that stuff looks scrumptious. :cloud9

Has anyone noticed the new bright colors in Homespun? I've seen bright green, yellow, pink and more. They look like perfect kid colors. :)

Guest devoursmallkittens

Recycled silk is no fun! I suffered through making a scarf with it. It has no stretch or twist, so it's very hard to work with. There's also lots of little twigs and splinters spun with the silk that you have to watch out for.... on the other hand, it really is pretty when built up. *grin*

Ribbon yarn is surprisingly fun to crochet with!

My dream is to make a croched purse out of hand dyed rayon cord (also known as gimp or rat tail). But my dream is to afford cashmere. *drool* I'd also love to make an angora tam.

Guest hooky emmy

100% Bamboo? (the Soy Silk yarn). Mmmm, but it does look lovely! Definetly something to look into...

I'm definetly wanting to try the ribbon yarn. It looks like a lot of fun :rock

Oh, and I love Homespun! It's so much fun and very very soft... wonderful to work with...

The selection of yarn here seems to many variations of sock yarn (the germans seem to be crazy about socks). However, I was in this one shop and on the next level (it was sort of a split level shop) I saw yarn hanging on hooks all bright and interesting but there was no way I could get my baby stroller up there.

I am making a string bag out of parcel string at the minute and want to try one in hemp twine. Here in germany you bring your own bags when you shop (I discovered this the hard way the first time I got groceries and had to pay 50 cents a bag while being yelled at in german by everyone).

I am only just starting though so I am sure as time goes on I will have many types I will want to try.

Rachel

Guest PaisleyAngel

I'd like to try Homespun (for that great-looking granny poncho on the LB site) and Incredible. It looks beautiful!

If only Lion Brand would just give me their warehouse... :rofl

Guest PaisleyAngel

Stacey... Bernat Boa has been on clearance at both my Michaels and ACMoore lately. If you have one of those stores near you, take a peek. I have a list of yarn prices that I collect from the stores in my area. I've seen Boa go down as much as $1.27 a skein (it's normally like $3.18 or more). It makes super neat scrunchies. :)

Thanks for the tip! I don't have either near me exactly (I live in Middle of Nowhere, Ohio :lol ) but I'll be in Columbus this weekend - I'll definitely stop at Michael's and see if they've got it on clearance there. Hmmm... maybe Hobby Lobby, too. They usually have a nice clearance section - last time I found - oh what was it - I think Bernat So Soft, in a gorgeous wine red, enough to make an afghan and marked down to something like $1.50/skein. Must feed the yarn addiction!

Guest PaisleyAngel

You're welcome, Stacey! Good luck with the clearance sections! I have heard great things about HL. Sadly, I don't have one here. Have fun looking! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived