Get to Know You - Crochet Questions - Part 2

Where do you keep your hooks? When i was pregnant with my son my cousin bought me a diaper bag...its pink!!!!! I thought I was having a girl. It came with a small clear case, it looks kinda like a pencil case. Since i don't use it for him, I use that case for all of my hooks, and needles.

Do you block stuff? I havent yet...but I will.

Do you dream "in crochet"? no

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? Biggest...My Nordstrom hobo bag...still working on an afghan and I'm sure that will be one of my biggest. Smallest, a little "snow" monkey.

Where do you keep your WIPs? I have a bunch of little drawstring bags that I can grab up quickly and throw in the car or in my diaper bags. Each WIP has its own bag.

Do you make things for yourself? Yep, You have to do stuff for your self.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you keep your hooks?

I have them in the top drawer of a rolling 5 drawer cart.

Do you block stuff?

Yes, since I mainly use thread I block everything.

Do you dream "in crochet"?

Yes, especially when working on a new design.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest?

Biggest thing would be a 23" angel that I made for a friend.

Smallest thing would be a teapot and teacup fridgie set.

Where do you keep your WIPs?

The few times I have WIPs I keep each one in it's own tote bag.

I am one of those people who has to finish a project before moving on to another one.

Do you make things for yourself?

Yes, but not as often as I like, I have a long list of things I want to make for me. Last year I didn't make anything for me so this year is just about me, I am going to make a huge dent in my list.

CarolAnn

Where do you keep your hooks? most are in the cases, unorganized. Others are with the WIP's.

Do you block stuff? si

Do you dream "in crochet"? si si

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? A shawl, from a chair back doily pattern is the biggest,,,,smallest was a Barbie hat.

Where do you keep your WIPs? In the dining/living room

Do you make things for yourself? Yea, but they are usually given away, except for MY earflap hat!

Where do you keep your hooks? In a extra large mini m&m tube

Do you block stuff? No

Do you dream "in crochet"? Yes

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? Biggest a huge granny square- smallest tiny flowers.

Where do you keep your WIPs? All over mostly in the bedroom

Do you make things for yourself? sometimes

My hooks are in two travel toothbrush holders seperated by type, steel in one and aluminum in the other

Do you block stuff?

I ahve actually never blocked anything:eek

Not necessarily in crochet but about crochet almost every night

The bigest crochet item was this past christmas I made a queen size afghan for my cousin's wife. the smallest was a thread rose for the doilies and favors for my wedding

Where don't I keep them :lol I try to keep them in plastic grocery bags seperated and then in totes or larger bags all over the house

I was just discussing this with DH the other day, I have not made anything for myself yet. I have patterns adn supplies to make myself some thread items but they always get put aside for other more important things:think

in a cute little hook case that I got off ebay and I keep it in my bedside table

Do you block stuff?

nope

yes

an afghan for my daughter, hats for my girls

in a basket in my closet....I am afraid to look!!

yes - scarves, hats, shawls, shrugs

In a cigar box that I refinished

Do you block stuff?

Nope.

Every chance I get!! :lol

A 144 square (7in each) pride afghan for my cousin. Smallest would be doilies that go under votive holders.

In various plastic bags shoved everywhere.:rofl

I wish.

• 1 month later...

Where do you keep your hooks? When I first started crocheting and knew I was going to stick with it, I purchased a crochet case that already had nearly all of the hooks in it. The few that weren't in it, I still keep there--they just don't have their own little slot. I keep any extras I have in a plastic container I got at an estate sale. Not sure what it is, but it works well.

Do you block stuff? Only when it's necessary.

Do you dream "in crochet"? I've been known to a time or two.

Biggest thing you ever crocheted? Smallest? Afghans for my mom, dad, sister, and brother-in-law would all have to be the largest so far. The smallest would have to be a wire crochet Christmas angel.

Where do you keep your WIPs? In a large bag next to my rocking chair in the living room. I also have another large bag of yarn I use frequently in the living room.

Do you make things for yourself? Most definitely...in between times when I'm making things for others.

Where do you keep your hooks? I have a hook case and a box

Do you block stuff? Just doilies

Do you dream "in crochet"? No

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? A large afghan and a turtle

Where do you keep your WIPs? On the ottoman by my chair

Do you make things for yourself? Yes mostly

I keep mine in my china cabinet and some on my end table. Also some with various projects started. I like to keep may of the same size.

Do you block stuff?

Only when I have to.

No, I don't think I ever have.

Biggest thing you ever crocheted? Smallest?

Biggest...huge continous granny square blanket.

Smallest...tiny snowflakes

living room, spare bed rooms, and some in my bedroom closet, lol. They get moved from time to time, depending on if my DH says anything about where I keep them.

Yes I do...I was told to make one of everything you make for yourself, that way when you make something for someone you have one too. But when it comes to bigger things, it's all mine.

:cheer Wow this was fun, hope to see more of these questionaires.

Where do I keep my hooks?

In a cosmetic bag my mother gave me or in my WIPs.

Do I block?

Haven't so far. :blush Probably should.

Do I deam in crochet?

Funny you should ask. I did for the first time last week. It was weird, only because it has never happened before.:spin

Biggest thing I crocheted...

Granny square blanket for my son.

Smallest thing I crocheted...

Dish cloth for Easter presents.:rabbit

Where do I keep my WIPs?

All over the house in numerous plastic bags. I must get organized!:rofl

Do I make things for myself?

I'm making a market bag right now that is the first thing I've made for me.:cheer

In two of those hook cases. I think they are ugly, but do the trick. I have one for plastic/wood and one for aluminum/steel. I also always keep a hook in the WIP's. I buy hooks constantly, so have lots of same size.

Do you block stuff? I think I did once :think

Do you dream "in crochet"? Not that i'm aware of....

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? Biggest has been an afghan; smallest was heart earrings (that should have been blocked:blush )

Where do you keep your WIPs? Everywhere, but I try to keep them in seperate ziplock bags or bags, or boxes or I just bought a wicker crate - but didn't hold them all.

Do you make things for yourself? Constantly!!!

Fun where's part1?

Get to Know You - Crochet Questions - Part 2

In my "crochet" tapestry bag side pocket

Do you block stuff?

Only things I felt

Can't say that I do but I'm looking for new patterns every single day!

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Afghan

Smallest? a flower probably

I put them inside the bag that came with the yarn that I bought for the project, close that up, and put it inside the good old tapestry bag, and that way my dog doesn't pick it up and run away with it.

Never. Oh wait! I lie. I just made the first thing ever: an ear-band/neck warmer out of Lion Brand Tiffany yarn and I love it. But I can't see me making another thing for me again. I just don't.

• 2 months later...

Where do you keep your hooks? I display mine! They sit in a pretty vase atop of a pile of pretty rocks :D But I also have a little case that I put them in when I go somewhere...

Do you block stuff? Just thread pieces, usually..

Do you dream "in crochet"? I don't believe I do. I've dozed off crocheting and then woken up and continued without really thinking about it, though :eek Anyone else done this?

Biggest thing you ever crocheted? Smallest? An afghan for my mother... I think it was like 48x70 or something like that. As for the smallest, um, probably would say bookmarks

Where do you keep your WIPs? The really serious ones I keep in a basket...the ones that I've been working on since forever-ago it seems, I keep in a hatbox.

Do you make things for yourself? :rofl Those are the ones in the hatbox! I'm so giving myself a Christmas present this year, though. Been dying to make a nice throw for my bed :hook

Where do you keep your hooks? In a non-rust proof hook case & all my others are in a old cookie tin until I make a new case for them.

Do you block stuff? Usually, yes.

Do you dream "in crochet"? usually over all the things I would love to do.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? a king size afghan smallest is the Breast Cancer pins I am currently doing.

Where do you keep your WIPs? In a carry bag my MIL gave me or in a large basket in the living room.

Do you make things for yourself? always, haven't made anything for me personally.

I have two sets that came in zippered cases; the rest are in two padded roll-up pouches I bought on eBay.

Do you block stuff?

I haven't yet, but I'm sure I will at some point.

I can't remember actually dreaming in crochet, but I have drifted off to sleep with thoughts of counting and making stitches.

Biggest so far was a 48" by 60" (approx) afghan for my husband. Smallest has been dishcloths/washcloths and some dice bags.

I have a Lion Brand big project bag and try to keep them in there.

Only two things so far! That's going to change soon, I swear! :D

I keep them in an eyeglasses plastic case.

Do you block stuff?

Occasionally. Only when I am about to use them or give it as gifts. Those that will be kept among my stash, they’re unblocked so as not to leave a permanent crease.

Yes. Now that I saw a painted doily, I am dreaming to make one someday.

Biggest – 60 inches diameter round table cover

Smallest – 2 inches Amigurumi teddy bear cell phone charm

Gift bag with my threads, hook, pattern, reading glasses and cell phone in it. I bring it along with me wherever I go. My hands can’t be kept idle. I have to “nibble” something.

When I’m inside my hobby room, I make use of my spool caddy.

I should say, things for the house. Something for myself to wear? Never.

Where do you keep your hooks? In a crochet hookcase that I made for myself:hook

Do you block stuff? Rarely:no

Do you dream "in crochet"? Never:(

Biggest thing you ever crocheted? Smallest?Biggest thing is a blanket mede of granny squares (picture in my photobucket); the smallest would be a tiny crochet thread flower I made as an accent on a handbag.

Where do you keep your WIPs?In different plastic bags, with the yarn and hooks all together with each piece......gets a bit tricky if I have to use a hook for something else that is already being used.....then I write a small note to remember which hook was removed from what project.:hook

Do you make things for yourself?Yes:yes

in an extra pencil/ crayon box

Do you block stuff?

no.....:no i havent made anything that "needed" to be blocked

no, i lay awake and think of patterns and yarn though...:hook

the smallest is probably a cat toy. i would definitely do it differently if i did it again. the biggest is probably a starghan for my DD; but i am making a throw for the couch that is definitely in the running! :lol

in various tote bags and my yarn bag... theres one on top of the fridge that i work on while making dinner too....:blush

i am making my first ever project for myself currently, im calling it my "selfish blankie" :hook

• 3 months later...

Where do you keep your hooks? Several different places. Usually they end up in the pocket of whatever canvas bag I am using. I found one in my purse one day. Of course whatever I am working on has a hook in it when it is set aside. I did buy a plastic container for hooks and what-nots.

Do you block stuff? No.

Do you dream "in crochet"? Only once.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? My first afghan; a flower in a class.

Where do you keep your WIPs? In canvas bags.

Do you make things for yourself? Rarely.

Where do you keep your hooks? On the table next to me. I have some in a case I make. I also have some in a bag next to my chair.

Do you block stuff? Sometime. I ironed some of my things.

Do you dream "in crochet"? Not yet.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? A afgan that fits on my queen size bed and it hangs over.

Smallest? I think it would be some of book makes that I made.

Where do you keep your WIPs? In a tote bag next to my chair.

Do you make things for yourself? All the time. I also make things for other people.

Where do you keep your hooks? one set in it's original case, some in a pencil case, the rest in a pringle can with knitting needles.

Do you block stuff? only thread crochet if needed

Do you dream "in crochet"? no, just thing of what needs to be done when I am going to bed

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? oval tablecloth around 70 X 80 for my brother. Butterfly magnet

Where do you keep your WIPs? bedroom, living room, anywhere I want

Do you make things for yourself? sometimes doilies

Where do you keep your hooks? I keep mine in a tackle box. They have those little plastic boxes that work perfectly for all my things.

Do you block stuff? I have never really made anything that needed blocking. One or two dolies, but that's about it.

Do you dream "in crochet"? I have only had one dream about crochet.

Biggest thing you ever crocheted? Smallest? blanket and stars

Where do you keep your WIPs? on a table next to my couch.

Do you make things for yourself? I have tried to make things for myself, but I never seem to finish them.

Where do you keep your hooks?In a zippered, clear plastic-front pencil case

Do you block stuff?-No, I haven't made anything that i needed to block yet

Do you dream "in crochet"?When do I not? I wake up in the morning and my fingers hurt sometimes, i'ts crazy:eek

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest?A shawl for my mother was the biggest thing..she swears she loves it but I don't live in the same state so I don't know for sure. And the smallest is either the pig/sheep/turtle/panda by KristieMN.

Where do you keep your WIPs?In my backpack. It's easy to take to work and conceals the fact that I crochet when we're slow:devil . I put them all in ziplock baggies and have ot poof them out to show people.

Do you make things for yourself? Nothing yet. I always make something with either a person in mind or I find someone before I'm done making it.

Where do you keep your hooks? In a rubber-banded bundle. Currently, I don't know where it is.

Do you block stuff? I haven't done anything that needed blocking yet. If I needed to, I would.

Do you dream "in crochet"? I have once or twice. Once I dreamed that I had been given a stack of crochet books. One of them was a book of amigurumi Redwall characters. I was really mad when I woke up and found I didn't have them.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? The biggest thing is the Patriot's Picnic afghan (although I am making/planning other afghans of the same size or larger). The smallest thing is a dress for my Kelly doll.

Where do you keep your WIPs? Wherever I happen to stop working on them.

Do you make things for yourself? Most of the stuff I make is for me, but right now I'm making an afghan for my grandmother.

Archived