Get to Know You - Crochet Questions - Part 2

Where do you keep your hooks?

I have a case for my complete set alumnin and steel hooks an other case for my complete set of Bamboo hooks and an other case for my plasic hooks (the larger size hooks and the only plasic one I have), oh I have a knitting needle case for my set of Afgan hooks and my set of double ended hooks. i also have a bag with some other hooks that I don't use.

Do you block stuff?

No

Do you dream "in crochet"?

No

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest?

Afgan that could fit on 2 futons:D

some flower in thread crochet

Where do you keep your WIPs?

depends if i am working on it at home or away

my home project sit next to my favorite chair

my away project is in a backpack that i carry everywhere so I don't have to sit still

Do you make things for yourself?

not really. I have made a few for myself but most of my project get given away:manyheart

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you keep your hooks? in a case I got as a gift one time.

Do you block stuff? Usually.

Do you dream "in crochet"? Don't think I have.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Huge Denver Bronco afghan for my mom.

Smallest? a poncho for my daughter's teeny little kitty stuffed animal, it was a couple inches in diameter.

Where do you keep your WIPs? they clutter up the living room couch.

Do you make things for yourself? Hell yeah! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you keep your hooks?:

In an old, orange perscription bottle that is washed and sans label. I like to decorate it in different ways: crocheted cozy, a fabric cozy, and various puffy paint or marker designs. I also slip it into little decorated boxes sometimes.

Do you block stuff?:

I usually use Red Heart Super Saver yarn, so no, but I do tend to "adjust" most of my projects. A bit of tugging and adjusting here and there to get it to look "just right." I do block projects done in blockable yarns.

Do you dream "in crochet"?:

I don't think I do but my memory isn't so hot. Sometimes ideas run though my head though and force me to wake up and jot them down; they're usually designs though.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest?:

The biggest was a blue and white afghan for my parents' California King-sized waterbed. It could easily be tucked in on all sides by a foot or two on each side.

The smallest were (probably) the baby hats I crocheted for my daughter before she was born.

Where do you keep your WIPs?:

All over the place :lol. Haha, just kidding. Um, I tend to keep them in tote bags or plastic grocery bags next to my chair or on my dresser. If I know I will shelve a project for an extended period of time it goes into the closet or a specific dresser drawer.

Do you make things for yourself?:

Yes, but I really like giving the things I make away so they tend to wander :).

Where do you keep your hooks? I have a hook and needle case I crocheted for myself, but now most of my hooks travel around in a faux velvet pen-pouch which came with one of my husband's medical rep-given "compliments"

Do you block stuff? Most doilies, yes. Not the heavier yarn stuff...

Do you dream "in crochet"? Nope, not a creative bone in my body!:cheer

Biggest thing you ever crocheted? Smallest? Biggest might be a bolero I tested a pattern for Donna (Nina_Kate). Smallest would be a snowflake, I guess (Yes, I've made those, too!)

Where do you keep your WIPs? usuallu in the same plastic bags that I carry the yarn/thread home in, and lying around the house strategically. Whenever these bags reach a critical number, I secrete them inside my clothes cupboard :hook

Do you make things for yourself? I have an ambition to make myself a crochet cardigan. Have made a sleeveless vest which is so tightly crocheted, that it is quite heavy. I make lots of doilies which lie around the house, does that count as "myself"? :D

Where do you keep your hooks? Right now, in a zippered pouch that was

Do you block stuff? I have never block anything I've made but I may start.

Do you dream "in crochet"? Oh yes! I have a diaper bag pattern hanging

Biggest think you ever crocheted? A shell stitch afghan for my daughter. It was about 8 feet by 8 feet . Smallest? I made a dog ball .No pattern, just whipped it up.

Where do you keep your WIPs? In a basket by my recliner. I also keep a project in the car in a tote bag.

Do you make things for yourself? I have never crocheted anything for myself. :eek

Keep them in a make-up pouch

Do you block stuff?

No

Dont think so..:think

Biggest think you ever crocheted?

Ripple afghan for a Queen Size Waterbed

Smallest?

Golf club thingy's

In a colapsable basket.

Sometimes...

Where do you keep your hooks? in a hook case

Do you block stuff? sometimes

Do you dream "in crochet"? ummmm...not that I know of

Biggest think you ever crocheted? a queen sized afghan/bedspread

Smallest? barbie clothes

Where do you keep your WIPs? in a large wicker basket beside my favorite chair in the livingroom

Do you make things for yourself? occassionaly. I always mean too, but end up putting projects for other people first

• 3 weeks later...

Where do you keep your hooks? in crocheted cases

Do you block stuff? rarely

Do you dream "in crochet"? from time to time

Biggest think you ever crocheted? working on the Cathedral Window afghan

Smallest? a strip of lace

Where do you keep your WIPs? plastic drawers in the living room or spread all over the couch

Do you make things for yourself? yes, but more for others

In a pretty silver pencil box - although I just bought 12 more hooks off TradeMe (our local Ebay) so I'm going to have to find something else to keep them all in!

Do you block stuff?

Only if it obviously needs it :P

Well, I day dream in crochet (especially when at the dentist), and one night when my partner Blair came to bed, I was sleep talking and kept telling him to give my hook and yarn back (I got pretty grouchy), I only stopped when he said "here it is" :hook

Biggest - I'm now halfway through my first afghan for my sister's 21st

Smallest - I love making crocheted mohair flowers

In a big bag bneside the couch (unless they are in my handbag)

I make some things for myself, but not a lot. I don't really have a lot of cash so I really need to have a reason to be making things

Where do you keep your hooks? I have a roll-up case that came with make-up brushes. It even has a clear flap to hold the hooks in there.

Do you block stuff? Not yet, but I will have to block the thread shawl I'm working on.

Do you dream "in crochet"? Not yet.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? A 5x7 foot blanket for my husband that was all in single crochet. :eek Smallest--baby booties.

Where do you keep your WIPs? On my desk next to the computer.

Do you make things for yourself? Yes! I have an obsession with making bags. I have a lot that I've sewn and crocheted for myself.

Where do you keep your hooks? I usually keep them wrapped up in whatever project I'm working on at the time! The other hooks stay on my nightstand.

Do you block stuff? No. I'm still learning all the advanced ****!

Do you dream "in crochet"? Totally!

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? Biggest was a queen sized blanket! Took over a month to finish! Smallest? Um...a scarf?

Where do you keep your WIPs? They usually sit in front of my bed, where my yarn bin is.

Do you make things for yourself? I try to, but I usually end up putting them off to make stuff for other people or stuff to sell.

• 3 weeks later...

Where do you keep your hooks? In a can container

Do you block stuff? Yes

Do you dream "in crochet"? Sometimes

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? Dress to a angel org

Do you make things for yourself? no to busy making for everyone else

In a pipe that's covered in a crochet cover.

Do you block stuff?

No

Yes. :D

An afghan. A hat.

Whereever I can! XD

All the time. ;)

Where do you keep your hooks? Most are in my 'work bag' that I tote with me, others are in drawer at home till I need them again

Do you block stuff? Haven't yet

Do you dream "in crochet"? of course

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? biggest - one huge granny square that made a queen size bed spread. smallest - baby socks for my grandbaby to be in premie size.

Where do you keep your WIPs? unders my desk at work until the boss notices and complains (once had 3 black garbage bags full to tote out). Otherwise, my workbag if small, or in my bedroom closet (yarn room with clothes hanging there?)

Do you make things for yourself? rarely...i have a WIM of an afghan for me, got the yarn selected but haven't found the pattern...or the time with my swaps, secret pal, charity afghans, etc...and a few things for my family...son and daughter want big afghans, stuff for grandbaby to be here in November...

Kathy

Where do you keep your hooks? In a pleather hook case

Do you block stuff? Yes, doilys mostly.

Do you dream "in crochet"? No, at least I don't remember dreaming in crochet.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? Biggest-afghan, smallest- snowflakes

Where do you keep your WIPs? In several bags in my closet.

Do you make things for yourself? Yes, most of the time.

Where do you keep your hooks?in a tin from arizona ice tea, a mesh pencil case, and 2 plastic carrying cases for school supplies

Do you block stuff?depends on the project

Do you dream "in crochet"? yes and daydream too

Biggest think you ever crocheted?afghans Smallest?doilies

Where do you keep your WIPs?all over the house usuall in plastic ziploc bags

Do you make things for yourself? all the time and my sisters come over and take them

Where do you keep your hooks? I keep them in a crochet hook holder or with my WIP - that way I know what hook size I was using.

Do you block stuff? squares, yes. clothing pieces, yes. threadwork - always

Do you dream "in crochet"? YES, YES, YES, I schedule my day around my crochet LOL

Biggest think you ever crocheted? King size afghan for our water bed Smallest? Zippo lighter covers for my son's collection

Where do you keep your WIPs? tucked in corners in grocery sack - also in 2 tote bags, behind my couch, ummm under the couch, in the closet, in our camper, ummm.... purty much all over

Do you make things for yourself? sometimes but alot of times I start making something for myself and I end up giving it away or having to make duplicates - by the time I'm finished - I don't want to make any for myself.

Where do you keep your hooks? in a cylinder make up bag :hook

Do you block stuff? i really foregotten what blocking means. :blush

Do you dream "in crochet"? only once i have

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? an afhan for my brothers freind for a full size bead :think

Where do you keep your WIPs? in bags and in a big box.......waiting

Do you make things for yourself? yep and for other people as well . i just try to find reasons to crochet...no matter for who :cheer

kor

Where do you keep your hooks? In that zipper case that Wal-mart sells!!

Do you block stuff?yes doilies!

Do you dream "in crochet"?sometimes I see myself selling all the stuff I make:)

Biggest thing you ever crocheted? Smallest?biggest --A snowman afghan using the afghan stitch for my son's teacher when we left the US. smallest --- bookmarks,snowflakes :)

Where do you keep your WIPs? any empty travel bag where the zipper is still in good condition!!

Do you make things for yourself?:( no

hugs

Vims

in two boxes, a wooden one for the thinner ones, a metal one for the thicker ones

Do you block stuff?

Never. Ever. I just can't stand the idea. I like crochet because it's simple and quick.

Sometimes :c9 I see myself crocheting, choosing yarn, dessigning patterns...

Biggest think you ever crocheted? My red dress, and soon (eventually) my wedding gown Smallest? booties

In a basket I made from recycled magazines (I'm multicrafted :lol)

Most of the time :P

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you keep your hooks? Some in the original hard plastic (it was a Susan Bates set) that they came in--it keeps them neat, and some which I bought individually in a plastic ziploc bag for now, but I intend to read this thread thoroughly to find out what else I can buy that might be better, lol).

Do you block stuff? Haven't yet.

Do you dream "in crochet"? Sort of, lol...I have snippets of crochet stuff pop up in my dreams.

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? So far the biggest is a scarf and the smallest is a cell phone pouch.

Where do you keep your WIPs? On the couch (I'm assuming WIP is work in progress--I'm still way new here, lol)...if I take it to work it goes in a ziploc bag with the hook.

Do you make things for yourself? Oh yes...mostly because I buy yarns I love then can't give away what I make.

Where do you keep your hooks? In a zipper pouch and I have learned to put them in ONE PLACE so I can find them :think

Do you block stuff? NO

Do you dream "in crochet"? Yes

Biggest think you ever crocheted? An Afghan 7 feet long and about 5 feet wide Smallest? a small skull

Where do you keep your WIPs? By my chair of course

Do you make things for yourself? Yes

Where do you keep your hooks? in a crocheted hook thingy if I am not using them, or poked through the WIP

Do you block stuff? nup, don't know how...or why for that matter

Do you dream "in crochet"? not yet....

Biggest think you ever crocheted? Smallest? umm...a large size crib blanket, (or small single bed blanket. whichever the unknown owner uses it for) Smallest? um...a Venetian Square...maybe..or the pouch for my bank card? oooh...nope...it was newborn kitten collars with tiny weeny buttons.

Where do you keep your WIPs? Generally next to the arm chair in the loungeroom if I am home. Er..that is the ACTIVE WIP's...the 'stalled' ones go into clear kiddy bags and hang up sort of neatly

Do you make things for yourself? Not intentionally. Like...I made a pile of dishcloths 'just coz' - I don't know what to do with them, so I will probably use them over the next 80 years. (yeah, I made that many)

Do you block stuff?

edited 2-22-2005 to clarify post title

1. I keep hooks everywhere, that's why I have to have a bunch of the sizes I use the most!

2. If it needs to be block I do it, I don't like it.

3. Yes, I do, and I get some ideas sometimes!

4. Largest: DH's blue afghan. He's 6'4" tall, and wanted a "big" one

Smallest: A tiny treasure sack.

5. In a large bag or in a lined basked, according to what size it is. Thread things stay in a gallon ziplock bag

6. Rarely...

all over the place!!! mostly i try to confine them in a little tote bag thing

Do you block stuff?

no

no thank god...wake up screaming every night "this pattern's all messed up! aggh!!!" ha ha.

biggest : this crazy shell stitch blanket for my mom...ended up being a king size, and took SO much yarn/trips to walmart.

smallest : nothing too small, maybe some granny squares or something.

whats WIPs?? i think its unfinshed projects...if so...i try to finish stuff i start...its a bad habit of mine to have unfinished projects laying around.

not really...whats the fun in that?? by the time you finish something youre so tired of looking at it anyway, and you want it out of your face!!!! am i right ladies?:lol

Archived