What an original subject title

Sylvia Lee

Hey y'all (no, I'm not from the South, I just like to talk that way). I found this site while searching patterns online and I think it might become my new favorite haunt!

I am 20 years old-- 21 in another month. My grandma taught me to crochet when I was 8 or 9 and I remember making a lot of crochet chains as a young girl and having lots of fun. But it wasn't until my freshman year in college that I picked it back up in earnest. I made a couple hats and scarves, but I couldn't do much else without knowing how to read patterns. So that summer I went to my grandma once again with a doily pattern I was trying to figure out and she taught me how to read it and a week later I had made my first doily. From there, the sky was the limit and I have been having a ball ever since! (no pun intended)

That's my crochet history. Now my personal history in a nutshell: I was raised in California, attended college at BYU-Idaho for two years, and "graduated" with an associates in general studies. I was originally planning to transfer to Utah State from there, but then I met a certain young man and decided to marry him instead. We lived in Montana for the summer where he worked for his dad and I taught swimming lessons. Now I'm living in Pocatello where my husband is working as an entry-level accountant and I am waiting until next fall to go back to school because then I'll be an Idaho resident and can attend Idaho State. Except I'd really like to major in culinary arts and I don't think ISU offers that program so I am in somewhat of a quandary. I am currently not working, so I have lots of time on my hands to practice crochet! My current projects are all Christmas presents for both my family and my husband's, so I've got a lot of work ahead of me...

Hi and welcome :hi:welcome from Louisiana. I will be in Idaho for 8 months starting in January. I heard you all got a ton of snow this past week. :snow (at least near Coeur D' Alene.)

Hi Sylvia! Welcome to Crochetville. You live in a beautiful part of the country. You are exactly the age of my daughter. She turns 21 on Jan 13th. She is getting married in June. She is taking accounting in college right now. Unfortunately, she does not crochet. I keep trying to entice her into it, but so far no luck. I've told her to at least let me teach her how to make a chain and then one day she can really take it up and at least she will know that I got her started! You will find alot of projects here and some very nice people. I hope you can do something about a culinary degree. Maybe you could open a catering business and put the dishes on crocheted doilies that you have made!!! (And your husband could keep the books as an accountant.)

Again, welcome to Crochetville.:hook

Archived