Favorite Colors and Yarns

Colors:

Purples

Blues

Yellows

Yarn: Oh come now:p , any kind of yarn could be put to great use! I do like the chenille, the homespun, RH Plush is nice. I would like to try Cara Mia, and Symphony. And the eyelash or fur yarn. Haven't sone anything with those yet, I'm slckin!!!

Jessi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love burgandy and hunter green.Also most varigateds.

I love caron simply soft but mainly use red heart.I like the feel of homespun but not the dificulty in working with it.

Barbara

Favorite colors, well it depends mostly on what I'm making and who I am making it for. But personally I prefer purples, pinks, blues, sometimes green, black, white.

I try to stay away from orange.

Favorite yarns, don't know really. I used whatever strikes me at the moment, usually it's something inexpensive. lol

My favorite colors and greens & blues mixed together. I also like arans and earth tones.

Favorite yarns are soft, natural fibers, baby yarns. Bernat DenimStyle is my all-time fav tho. It's soft and works well for almost everything. :knit

I hope I didn't already answer this one, I don't think so!

My favorite color is blue, with pink hot in the running for second these days (especially candy type pinks, bubblegum color, and then light purples). I love the colors of the Bernat Cotton Tots yarns...so yummy and soooo soft. Also love TLC Lustre yarns and also Simply Soft Caron: especially the Brites. Just getting into trying some Patons now.

I'm allergic to wool and also get all sniffly and eyes itchy around boucle; I'm weird I know :eek

hugs

Ro

Favorite yarns are Bernat Satin, Patons Divine and Patons Decor.

Favorite colors are black, teal and turquoise.

• 3 months later...

My favorite color is blue. My favorite yarn colors are anything that's variegated but not too dark or bright. My favorite yarns are RHSS (because it's cheap :D) and CSS (because it's...well...soft :P).

I love rusty reds Heck any kind of Red.

I also have an obbessive adiction to ANY varigated yarn pretty ugly It doesn't matter I have to by it.

Favorite brands I don't really have any

I get a lot of red heart because its soi easy to get.

My favorite yarn right now is bBernat baby Coordinates.

be blessed

Mickie

my favorite colour is definately purple, and lately I am buying more pink too :) I also have a lot of black in my wardrobe, but thats no colour according to my grandmother :)

and as for yarn, I guess you could call me a yarn snob. Wool, mohair, cotton are my favorites, and I know for sure that once I get to touch merino or cashmere, those will be added to that list.

The only acrylic I love to work with sometimes is chenille, because it is so soft :)

• 2 weeks later...

I like pretty much all colors of yarn but seem to be drawn to the earthy colors, especially the olive and mossy greens. My wardrobe is black with a wee bit of red and grey and oddly I've never made me anything! Hmmm Best get on that!

I like all yarn for various reason. Redheart WW rocks for durability. And some specialty yarns well ya gotta just try them! But as far as affordable yummy feeling, Bernats Baby Softee! Wish is were richer colors with THAT feel!

• 2 weeks later...

I like a wide variety of colors; it really depends on the project. I like black or camo for my boys' comforters, sweaters, and hats. For me, I like darker blues, purples, pinks, yellows. I also like bright, vibrant colors like Mexicana and every color in it.

As for yarn, I use mostly RH because of its durability. I like novelty yarns like eyelash types for scarves and belts, microspun for almost anything because it's yummy soft, and chenille for sweaters and shrugs. I also like wool blends for the warmth of wool and durability of the acrylic. Cotton~~the softer the better, the brighter the better. :D

I just plain love color:) Though am not real fond of pastels. My current favorite for a soft yarn is Bernat Satin. I use a lot of Red Heart & Bernat because of it's availabilty.

Alosha

My favorite colors are light/medium blues, blue greens and greens. I like earth tones, too, and combinations of blacks/whites/greys. Reds are good, too.

I like caron simply soft yarns ... don't really like most of the novelty yarns (although I confess a curiousity about ribbon yarns, and I like the thin/thick and boucles) - I think my aversion is mainly to the "fuzzy" ones like boa and fun fur.

I haven't had a change to work with wool or wool blends and I'd like to start working with some of the more unique (read: not acrylic or chenille) yarns/blends.

Archived