Old Chevron Pattern

crochetingfool

Check out the old Chevron pattern that I'm making with a different twist.

After doing a nice color combo in the middle I'm crocheting on either side with black. Straight half double crochet.

When I'm finished it should fit a queen size bed. I ran out of black and now have to go buy more...oh my what a problem to have huh? buy more yarn! hahaha

Linda :hook

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yetieddy/my_photos

Plastic purse crochet....

Chain however long you want the purse wide. Then crochet on the back loops of the chain, when you get to the end crochet on the other side of the chain and continue crocheting around and around and around....never slip stitching to end the round...this leave a weird looking line. (If you want the bottom bigger (wide) do 3 sc in each end stitch on the sides until it is as wide as you want it.....

When you get to the handle chain 10 or 20 or 30 depending on how long you want it and skip 10 stitches crochet to the other side and do the same thing...then crochet around the purse again but this time crochet around the handle when you get to it...easy peezie

OOOOH!!! That afghan is stunning... VERY well done! Is the black portion done in the ripple pattern as well?

Can someone point me to a tutorial on doing the ripple? I know I have done one but it was more years ago than I care to admit.

JoanB

No the black area of the chevron ripple afghan is done is half double crochet from side to side.

My first row of black in all the valleys of the ripple I had to decrease two or three stitches with treble crochet then do doubles and half doubles and singles on top. I sort of winged it on both sides.:think Sorry I didn't write it down. Shame on me.:eek

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oooh, pretty! I love zigzag afghans.

What shade of green did you use? I tried making a rainbow afghan once but I couldn't get the shade of green right... always too bright or too dark... your shade of green is so nice!!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived