Arrgggh.

So I'm flying along on this afghan I'm working on as a Christmas present for a friend. Almost 2/3 of the way done. 7 skeins of yarn in. It's so pretty! And then I look back ... and waaaay back at the beginning, maybe 3 rows in, is a goof. And not a little goof, no, it's a big glaring flashing neon sign of a goof (well, in my eyes, anyway). So this morning I have frogged 7 skeins of yarn. And mind you, I don't have a ball winder. I'm going to have to hand-wind these. I have 7 hanks of wool sitting on the couch in my family room, and I'm debating whether to start over or have a yarn bonfire. Which would really stink since it's wool and all, but the thought of winding 7 skeins of yarn by hand is making me break out in a cold sweat. Encouraging words are needed here, ya'll!!

yikes, i thought frogging a shawl was alot. of course, it was my first major project, so it seemed like a disaster at the time. i recycled a sweater, too. and it made 4 balls of new yarn for later use.

i applaud you for frogging and winding 7 balls of wool. i'll bet the new and improved afghan will be great.

:eek Sorry about your mistake.:hug It seems like if I make a mistake on something I have trouble all the way thru it when I redo it.

Maybe add a little nip of something in your tea and you may not notice it as much while you are winding and winding.

sondra

Wow, you have a lot more patience than I have. I would have just said "screw it," and probably not looked at it for a few months. I hope you can get it worked up again in time.

LOL, I was so mad. I cussed up a blue streak the whole time I frogged, poor Steve was afraid to even speak to me -- but I couldn't just ignore it and better to frog it now than later. I've calmed down now and started winding; I've decided to do one ball at a time and reward myself by doing something fun in between each one (so far I've talked to my grandson, amazing what that'll do for a bad mood; played a bit of WoW and beat the crud out of my enemies; and done some online shopping). This too shall pass.

7 skeins OMG well I would have wanted to start over too, So Sorry that is such a freeking drag. Last time I had to pull out a big project that went wrong what I did was instead of pulling it all out I just worked off the dead project pulling it out and recrocheting as I went instead of taking the time to ball it all and then start over. But then I did read here that yarn has a right way and a wrong way so to speak meaning if it is coming off the ball one way its really soft and if its coming off the ball against the grain its rough and not as soft. I don't know where I read it but the person expained it better than I. But I can say its true as I learned that as well while frogging a project and remaking was much softer than the first one. :sheepxmas

Lani, I know you have it in you to do it. You do such wonderful work:hug . Just think of the Little engine that could, I think I can, I think I can as he made it all the way to the top of the mountin :cheer :cheer :cheer you go girl you can do it

:2snowman

i am in the same boat...i am making an afghan...probably around 7 skiens into it as well. my problem?? its too freaking big!! its gonna be a king size, thats for sure. so 7 skiens means im only about 1/6 of a way into it. i intended it to be just like a throw size or something. i havent worked on it for a couple weeks cuz i just KNOW in my heart i cant end up buying 20 more skiens and be working on this thing for months! waaaaaaah :headache good luck with your "whoops"

Oh man, sorry to hear that!! Too bad you aren't winding it all together into one giant ball, that would have been pretty interesting! Hopefully your project will go quickly, can't wait to see it when it is done. :)

I am so sorry to here that you had to frog that much. I've been there... Well, not quite that much frogging, but enough to completely understand and feel your pain. I liked your idea of doing something fun inbetween balls... I always just sit down and go right thought it all... I will try that next time....

I am sure that the project will look great when you're done. And, it will all be worth it in the end.

Archived