Comfortghan request - best friend's house burnt down!

b1jah2

Crochetville Crochet Alongs...

63 squares crochet along...working only 42 of the squares... (3 squares left!)

35 squares crochet along...will start as soon as the 42 squares are complete!

I'm confused, can someone explain to me the 63, 42, 35. Are we working on more than one afghan here and are more squares needed? I knew about the house burning and we're doing 12 inch squares for that afghan, but am confused what else is referenced above.

**in a general note, the 12 inches squares are almost too big to use up left overs, wondered if in the future we might be ahead to make 5 or 6 inches squares? Would folks be more inclinded to do those because they take less time and use less yarn. I found the 12 inch one really required a new skein, not complaining, just asking.

schcrochet,

everything below the black line is part of my signature. this is a way of signing off or explaining one's progress in different "crochet alongs" (go to the thread/forum for more information) or swaps that the group has available at a quick glance.

most folx here use the 12" square size because it takes fewer of those to complete an afghan (i.e., afghans completed in a quicker amount of time). if you think about it, with the amount of yarn used to create 5 or 6 smaller 6 or 7 inch squares, one could probably create 2 or maybe 3 12" squares. it's about the same in the end. plus, the 12" squares are just a suggestion by the moderator of the this thread/forum. you can ask for just about any size square when trying to complete a comfortghan.

:manyheart Thanks Yarnholic, I'll catch on pretty soon, promise!

schcrochet,

everything below the black line is part of my signature. this is a way of signing off or explaining one's progress in different "crochet alongs" (go to the thread/forum for more information) or swaps that the group has available at a quick glance.

most folx here use the 12" square size because it takes fewer of those to complete an afghan (i.e., afghans completed in a quicker amount of time). if you think about it, with the amount of yarn used to create 5 or 6 smaller 6 or 7 inch squares, one could probably create 2 or maybe 3 12" squares. it's about the same in the end. plus, the 12" squares are just a suggestion by the moderator of the this thread/forum. you can ask for just about any size square when trying to complete a comfortghan.

Thank you so much. I received your package and they are beautiful. Someday soon, when my life calms down, I will be posting pics to my blog!

Sorry to be so long, time and me aren't the best of friends right now, However, just addressed the box and will be heading to post office shortly. I've including a scarf I completed that didn't have a name attached, pretty red crocheted one, hope it's of help and a off white/ecru ?? granny square. Hope I'm not to late to help.

Also sorry to hear about your family's death, my condolences to you.:hug

I am still putting the afghan together and still need about 5 more squares to finish it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

I just found this thread today... :think Do you still need 12" squares?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm working on an aran one now. If I can ever figure out the pattern.

If not, I'll frog it and do a pattern I know I can do. :)

I keep seeing people talking about froging something and have no clue what that means. Can someone translate, please and thanks.

Jennifer, are you still in need of more squares, or do you know have enough to finish your afghan?

Just checking in for an update.

I just wanted to post and say thank you to everyone who has contributed to the square! I have posted a pic of the squares on my blog, so check it out!

http://yarnbug.blogspot.com

Anyways, I thought I was much closer to being done. I thought I only had three or four more to go. No way, I actually have ten more before it's a 4x5 square afghan like I had planned!

I definitely did not reach my goal of having this done by new years, but it will get done someday!!!!

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers, and effort you put into the squares~

I just wanted to post and say thank you to everyone who has contributed to the square! I have posted a pic of the squares on my blog, so check it out!

http://yarnbug.blogspot.com

Anyways, I thought I was much closer to being done. I thought I only had three or four more to go. No way, I actually have ten more before it's a 4x5 square afghan like I had planned!

I definitely did not reach my goal of having this done by new years, but it will get done someday!!!!

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers, and effort you put into the squares~

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you didn't make your goal. I will whip up a few more squares and get in the mail in the next couple of days. They look nice in the picture. Please resend me your address, as I tend not to keep emails in my files. Also can I verify the colors. I thought you needed white, tan, off white; but looks like you have some brown in the photo. I have whichever color you need, so happy to do more.

Thanks for being so willing to help! The brown looking squares are actually tan. The picture turned out darker than real life! Imagine that! I will send you my address again. Thanks so much!!!

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you didn't make your goal. I will whip up a few more squares and get in the mail in the next couple of days. They look nice in the picture. Please resend me your address, as I tend not to keep emails in my files. Also can I verify the colors. I thought you needed white, tan, off white; but looks like you have some brown in the photo. I have whichever color you need, so happy to do more.

Thanks for being so willing to help! The brown looking squares are actually tan. The picture turned out darker than real life! Imagine that! I will send you my address again. Thanks so much!!!

Got your PM and address, thanks. Will get started pronto. Thanks for clearification on the color.

Any update Jennifer on how your friends are doing? Have they started rebuilding the house yet? Are they still living with parents? Been wondering how they're fairing.:hug

Archived