Black and white dog sweater

hook_and_hype

That's so cute! I love the black and white although I especially love the really colorful one you made for him first. I'm sorry he's having back problems. I hope he's better soon. Thanks for sharing the instructions. I'd really like to make one for one of my dogs (the short-haired one) when I get through with my Christmas gifts. :)

After my Christmas gifts are done, I'm going to try this for my Westie. She has an internal temperature guage and won't go outside when it gets below 5 degrees. Maybe this will help. I'm going to make it in Blaze Orange (ugly, I know) but when we visit my mother in the country she won't get shot by any crazy deer hunters.

I really want to make one. for the dog of my sister. the dog is here for a cople off months now. (my sister got an other dog and he is sick ( don't know it in english but in dutch its epileptie) to give my sister a little bit of rest her other dog is here.

when she has to go back to my sister I want to give her a dog sweater.

Such a great sweater! I really want to attempt one for my dog, she's 4 1/2 pounds so rarely we find sweaters to fit her, and if we do they're always way too short (think doggy midriff top). When I have some time (haha!!! :lol ) I really want to try this!

Thake you for your response. :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

If you find mistakes or if something in the pattern is confusing, please let me know. And it would make me very happy if you would drop me a note (and a picture!!!!) of your finished dog sweater, incase you'll try my pattern.

:hug

Very nice! One of my dogs is ill, and I had to buy a sweater for her today, since she needs to be warm now, but I hope to make her a nice close one like this. Thank you for the pattern!

(And in English, it's "epilepsy" - no fun in any language!)

• 3 years later...

I am new here, in fact have yet to post my introduction. I am a beginning crocheter. I was trying to use up some of my mother's old scrap yarn to try and make some of my first projects. I made my first two items christmas 2007 with scrap yarn left over from my mother's projects. A baby afghan and a scarf. I thought I would give the afghan away as a gift to my great niece, but it didn't make it. I dug out the scrap yarn box again. The last couple weekends I've made another small afghan, a couple weath ornaments, few snowflakes, two little bunnies with jiggly eyes and cotton tail, a heart bookmark, and I just finished the dog sweater for my littlest pomeranian.

I am so pleased with the turnout of the sweater. It is sooo Cute! I am so surprised I made it.

The intended female dog would not move in sweater. It fit her great! I could mention "treat" and she still laid in place giving me a pathetic look like I was torchering her or something. I gave up and tried it out on my other female pomeranian and I think she loves it! She hasn't moved out of my chair and is enjoying the attention she's getting in the sweater. She's being fiesty towards the the other one not letting her get up in chair with us. She looks so cute!

I placed some crochet flowers on front of sweater to resemble buttons, and placed a ruffle type stitch on trim of the back and on front cuff of sleeves. sc in 1 sp, and 4 dc in next space, sc in next repeating the 4 dc in next sp and so on.. I will post pics when I get it figured out.

• 1 month later...

Gorgeous sweater! I love dressing my chihuahuas to keep them warm and I have been looking at your pattern before. I haven't had time to make it yet.

Archived