Sign in to follow this  
Guest ManyTimesBlessed

i'm fuzzy

Guest ManyTimesBlessed

1ht

i crocheted my first 100% wool swatch, and tossed it in a hot wash/cold rinse with a pair of jeans and some detergent. it's definately smaller but it's also really fuzzy. is that what it's supposed to look like? (it didn't pill)

Guest mishakitty78

I've found that, with the machine-wash method, it really depends on the type of yarn you use. I often use cascade wool, and it never gets fuzzy. However I've tried this other brand (I think it was Icelandic or something like that) and it came out with white fuzzies (almost like strands of fluff) on it. It also didn't felt completely (for me, felting compeltely means that it's nice and tight and solid but has no evidence of the stitching). If you can, try some other yarns and I think you'll discover that this doesn't always happen.

You may want to try to put something in the wash with it - did you try jeans or a towel? I put my felting in a lingerae (sorry about the spelling!) bag and throw in a towel.

Good luck with your felting!

Melissa