Sign in to follow this  
RebeccaVelasquez

fisherman's wool...

Yup! It's what I used for my bag from Marlo's pattern - like the one that Jayme made. Plus you can dye it any color you like. :)h

Yes!

I made 2 bags out of it. It works great (and it's cheap!)

Holly

Yeah, i keep looking for it but it's always out of stock around here and I do hate to pay shipping unless I got a really good deal on the price. I want to do both the felting and try the kool-aid dying with this yarn if I can ever find some.:shrug

~Rebecca

I've seen it for $8.99 at both Joanns and Hobby Lobby. I had a stroke when I saw it priced that much at Joanns, but after seeing it in two Hobby Lobbys 700 miles apart for the same price I decided it would have to be okay. :ohdear

well when you think about it, it's 100% wool and 8 whole ounces of it. I've seen average priced wools in 2 oz. balls go for $4 a piece. That would be $16 dollars for the same amount. That makes 8-9$ look pretty good to me.

~Rebecca

The price threw me for a loop too, so I started looking around on eBay, and the prices there aren't any better. In fact, many of the 100% wool yarns are even more! One was going for $70, but I think it was for 3 skeins (not fisherman's wool, but similar). I gotta find a cheaper hobby :ha NOT!