Sign in to follow this  
JPorter718

How Cool!!

I just felted my very first bag!! :cheer2

And it is SO awesome... I was scared to put the bag in the washing machine but boy it's too cool what happens.

Hubby didn't think it was going to work and when I showed it to him he said "Wow Jayme, that's pretty neat!" :danc

I'm ready to make another! Right now! Right away! :ohdear

Well, it's drying right now and then I'll attach the straps and post some after pics for you.

I used Patons Classic Merino Wool, in a soft denim color. The pattern was from Marlo's Crochet Corner. I made the 'Felted Rectangle Handbag'. It called for 16oz of yarn, but I ended up using only about 12 or 13. Hmm, oh well, it's still beautiful. :hyper

Here's the before:

RectangleFeltedBag-Before.jpg

NEW UPDATE:

Well, the bag turned out not too shabby if you ask me. :thumbsup The bag is not completely dry so it's having a hard time standing on it's own but it should be fine tomorrow night.

Without much further ado:

RectangleFeltedBag-After2.jpg

RectangleFeltedBag-After.jpg

I already have more yarn for the next felted bag - I picked up some LionBrand Landscapes this afternoon from the RagShop. It was on sale 2 for $9 :danc

Uh...Jayme....are you teasing us here? Making us wait for the after pic???? You little :bad you!!! Come on now, show, show, show!!!!!:yay2 We wanna see it!!!:eek

~Rebecca

:)) Looks great Jayme! Dry faster, dry faster!! :D!

Hehehe - I know what it looks like;:nana it's sitting on my dryer right now :ha :ha :ha

Hopefully tomorrow I can attach the straps and post the pic for you all. Have a great night!! :cloud9

Wow! Jayme it looks great. I think that bag is my favorite shape of Marlo's patterns. You did a wonderful job!! :)h

Rebecca, I made the same bag but used 16oz of Fisherman's Wool (LB). It was a huge bag, almost more tote bag sized than purse. Not sure what the difference would be with 12 or 13 oz. but I was already planning on going smaller when I got around to making the next one. :))

Thanks for the compliments! :hug

Rebecca, the size of this bag is 12" tall and 16" wide.

It's a pretty good size... especially for traveling. I could throw some magazines and some yarn into it and be just fine.

I'm not sure why mine used less yarn... I followed the pattern exactly. Hmm :thinking2

I really really REALLY want to do this felting thing!

Your bag is GORGEOUS! (darn it.. the stores are all closed at this hour!)

I LOVE it, Jayme!! :cheer2 Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! :)

I've got the pattern, I've got the wool, I can't wait to get started. :bounce

I like your bag! Isn't felting fun? My husband had a similar reaction to the first felt bag I made. He was impressed when it came out of the dryer. :)