Beaded Ornaments Cover (New one added ) W/pattern revisen

Katchkan

I decided to try and write out the pattern for my beaded ornament that I posted last week. Well in the process of examining what I had done, I dropped the silly thing. Guess what tile floors and glass ornaments don't get along. So I now have a broken bulb with a crocheted beaded cover. How lovely. Did get me thinking though that maybe I would be better off just making a cover like you see for other beaded ornaments. Just mine would be crocheted. This way it can be switched if disaster befalls the poor ornanment. They can also be taken off to be cleaned and refurbished. So this is what I came up with. Hope you like it.

It is done in size 30 thread with size 8 beads.

Since I was creating these to share as gifts, I thought I would also share the patterns with everyone. The new ornament is done in size 20 thread with size 8 beads. It has two variations on the design. The new pattern has all the ornaments together. Hope you enjoy.

New Pattern link

http://www.crochetnbeads.com/files/CP Beaded Ornaments.pdf

Ornaments1.jpgBeadedfringedornament.jpg

orn2.jpgorn4.jpg

Wow Kathy I think this one turned out wonderful:cheer . Thank you in advance, I have downloaded the pattern and have added it to my things to do list. I am so sorry to hear about the other one breaking that would break my heart. But it is so neat that your creativity once again came into play and we all benefited from it.

Mary

I'm sorry to hear about the ball breaking, Kathy.....maybe you could try a balloon then stiffen your crocheted cover? After it dries then you can deflate the balloon. I like the first one but I love this one with beads. Reminds me of the beaded covers that I used to make, mine is entirely beaded though. :-)

Amazingly beautiful.........:ty for the pattern and I'm sorry to hear about the broken one :cry if it was the one you posted a picture of before it was so beautiful.......I like the idea of stiffening it, but I'm sure you're not in the mood to think about that right now. Let us know what you come up with when you do!

Oh, Kathy. I'm sorry to hear about the breakage. However something good did come out of it. You created a gorgeous cover with a more practical purpose for those just in case instances.

It is beautiful and as always you have created a piece of art. I adore it and loving thread, will definitely give this pattern a try..

Pam

Kathy, Sorry about the other ornament. :(

have you tried starching it and blowing up a balloon inside till it is dry? :think It should really look neat as a stand alone orniment.

I made a couple of them, but not with beads. I ended up putting flowere inside.

The new orniment is really pretty. But of course everything you do is great.:hook

Thanks everyone. I thought I would try the balloon and stiffening for the one cover, but I need to get a balloon first. So it will have to wait till this weekend.

In the mean time I have created one more design for these covers. This one is done in size 20 thread. I have also revamped the pattern to include both patterns and one variation of the second design.

http://www.crochetnbeads.com/files/CP Beaded Ornaments.pdf

I hope you enjoy.

Ornaments1.jpgorn2.jpg

orn4.jpg

Oh, how sad. I loved your first one. These are very pretty also, but there is something special about your first. Thanks for sharing your patterns. I was wondering how long it takes you to make one? I would have to double the time due to the fact that I'm a beginner with thread and have never done beads! Thanks again. Your work is beautiful!!

Oh, how sad. I loved your first one. These are very pretty also, but there is something special about your first. Thanks for sharing your patterns. I was wondering how long it takes you to make one? I would have to double the time due to the fact that I'm a beginner with thread and have never done beads! Thanks again. Your work is beautiful!!
It takes me about 2 hours to make an ornament including stringing the beads. It almost takes me longer to string the beads then actually crochet them.

• 3 years later...

Archived