I'm sorry you are being picked on. I don't know who you are talking about but I do know some people are just born to be obnoxious. Whether that is because of jealousy, insecurity or just having a down-right mean streak is anybody's guess. The best course of action is to ignore them but that is also the hardest thing to do and anything you do say just adds fuel to their fire.

All I can say is hang in there, good will out...:hug

I guess I am very lucky - I found this site and have had just a great time being here. Its so comforting and I love the way that everyone is so supportive. I think people say bad/stupid things because they are just jealous - something I just dont have time for.

i am sorry that you have been abused this way. it seems that there is always someone who thinks they have the given right to tell you off, keep their opinion right out front when none was asked for and also they just are like that, i have had to deal with people like that myself and while i try and be nice to everyone i will not tolerate these people who think they have the right to tell me what i need to do as this person seems to have done with you. your right crochetville is the best place, i have been in a couple of forums where i quit just because people think they know it all or have the right to complain and nag and well to just be a nasty person. i am glad you have left that place and came here:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

I do not understand the mentality of people such as you describe. Are they that insecure in their own abilities that they have to attack others??? :thinkI don't know.

I also belong to a couple other forums and have noted the dominating personalities that tend to creep into some of the forums. :irk Some can as you say, get down right rude. :ohdear Okay very very rude. :angry I think it is a power issue for some of them.

I once posted a picture of one of my purses and the next thing I knew the thread turned into a commercial for someone elses book. Thought that was just a bit on the tacky side if you ask me.:reyes I just don't post there any more. I don't need the grief. :sigh

I enjoy the positive attitude of the people that come here. This place encourages growth and diversity. We don't seem to have that need to tear someone else down to build ourselves up here. I hope that this place continues to be the quality place it has become. :)

You hang in there, you do wonderful work and have no reason think otherwise.:hug :hug :hug

I don't understand why people feel the need to criticize others' craft work. I mean...we're all in it for the same reason....the love of the craft. Obviously, some people are going to be better at it than others, but if that passion is still there, who cares what the final product looks like? I think forums like these, where they focus on a specific craft, should be filled with a feeling of support and understanding and comeraderie.

I fully believe in karma and I think your harasser will get hers.:devil

I also have seen the abuse and have occasionally felt it. Some people are very critical of others with no concern for their feelings. If they are like that on line with people they have never met, what must they be like at home with people they are supose to love? I have even read some very curt responses to others here. I guess this is a reminder to all, not everyone has the same skill, knowledge, information, abilities, etc. as others. What you say and how you say it is important. Words do hurt!! Just because you know something doesn't make it common knowledge. What seems simple to you, may not be simple to another. Be kind!!! Life is short!!

I ran into a similar problem on another forum. Someone asked for a link to a Japanese site. I posted the link with a warning that the US copyright laws were not respected on the site so to assume that things on the site were sometimes posted illegally. On the other hand, the site had a lot of vintage patterns that were clearly beyond the copyright dates that would be okay to download. Also the site was useful for browsing a book before purchasing it on Amazon. Some woman took it upon herself to harangue me both on the forum and to my personal email address so much that I actually had a lawyer write a letter to stop it.

If they are like that on line with people they have never met, what must they be like at home with people they are supose to love?

I think that is just it... they do it on-line because they can spew out all their mallous and junk without having to listen or be interrupted and because they can be basically anonymous. Pretty chicken way to act, really.

I don't know of any other forums, really. I know of some Yahoo groups but nothing else. Glad this is my home, here. This place is the best.

I'm sorry you got bumped around a bit... at least you know you can come here for :hug

Some people just a bee in their bonnet and those people are not welcome here! The anonymity of the internet is no excuse for acting like a troll. I'm sorry you had to experience that kind of unfriendliness. Take comfort in knowing that you are a much better person and that you'll only find kindness here. :hug

It's a shame that some people feel the need to be cruel and nasty. Sounds to me like the person who singled you out needs to feel superior and smarter than everyone else.

I, too, am so glad I found C'Ville! If I feel bad, you guys pick me up, when I post something that I think looks bad, everyone seems to find some good in it, and best of all, nobody seems to get angry or upset at others even when we have differing opinions.

I have been a member of several other "non-crafty" forums and this is by far the best one. In fact, I don't post on any other forums at the present because I would read things others had said and get upset and feel horrible afterwards. Who needs that?

I never really posted any of my things in other form's because I could see how mean some people could be. But here I just love sharing my stuff with everyone and also I love looking at the things others make. I think we are all here to help and learn from each other.

We are all so lucky to have such a great group here at Crochetville........I'm also a member of Happy Hookers and there too it's a great group of people.........I love my 2 groups that I belong to and and am happy to stay with both :manyheart

I am a regular poster on a swing dance site. We tend to be very opinionate, and there are lots of people who don't like each other, argue, are sarcastic, etc.

I would not dream of posting in the same manner here.

When you become a member of a board, it is your responsibility to investigate the board first, try to understand the purpose, written and unwritten rules, and try to adhere to those rules.

It was very clear to me that this is a place where crocheters can be supportive of one another. Unless someone is posting something that I really disagree with, I keep my thoughts to myself. If I think something is very ugly, I don't post that, either.

Part of the problem of technology is that sometimes it moves faster than we do. Sometimes people need to be hit over the head with an etiquette book before they get it.

I mean, how many people sit on the bus and have REALLY LOUD and personal cell phone conversations? Too many. They need to be hit on the head, and so do these people who are buggin' ya. That's why there's a moderator.

Archived