Too scary?-doll

Pink

I was inspired to make this little lady after seeing a doll somebody else wanted. She just kind of evolved from scraps - anyway, I was going to give her away to a child but my husband thinks she's too scary. Personally I think she's cute but that might be just 'cos I'm here mommy!

Ladies (and guys, too), I'd love to know what you think. (As this is the first time I've asked for an opinion I'd like to point out that I can take the good with the bad.)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/craftlink/scarygirl.jpg

ok, I have three children and here was their responce ( first I want to add that personally I think its cute)(and I didnt persuade them either way, I jsut said hey, look at this)

Carol Ann(8): EWW, Thats kinda creepy lookin

Lillian (7): AWW, That's cute

Matt (3): AWW, Thats cute...ewww its insides is yucky moma

(what he ment by that I have no idea)

Personally, I think it looks more like a doll for adults. You know, those used for decorations. I used to sell cloth versions of long, skinny styled dolls. Kids never noticed them, but women would buy them to sit on a shelf. I'm not sure a kid would want to use it as a cuddly, cute doll though. I think it's cute, but just that maybe the intented use for her could be rethought.

If you love her, that's what matters anyway. If you decide not to give her away, sit her beside your computer so you'll see her whenever you sign onto the site here. :)

Hi !

I think your doll kind of looks like a grown up Pippi Longstocking:)

I do not know if you understand what I mean , but Pippi is the main person in childrensbooks written by Astrid Lindgren, a very known swedish writer.

I posted a cartoon picture of her to show you what I mean, and maybe you should just make her a bit more cute for a kid :hug

Anyway, I like your doll:hook

67310249_f2df56c440_m.jpg

Hi !

I think your doll kind of looks like a grown up Pippi Longstocking:)

OH my gosh!!! You are soo right. It looks like Pippi. I loved her when I was younger. I liked that kind of adventure story growing up. It must be the tomboy in me! ;)

OH my gosh!!! You are soo right. It looks like Pippi. I loved her when I was younger. I liked that kind of adventure story growing up. It must be the tomboy in me! ;)

Then I am a tomboy to :blush

I have a son who is 6 years old ( Jesper ), he loves Pippi;)

I Think Pippi is really good for kids ; brings out adventure and is not violent:hug

I am working on my spelling, but please be patient ; I am norwegian :D

I think she's cute in an artsy-whimsical sort of way. Some men tend to be easily scared by dolls no matter what they look like. I once had a boyfriend who was totally creeped out by a beautiful and very life-like baby doll I had.

Anyway, this creation looks like a child's drawing leapt off the page and turned into a doll.

I think it's cute, but as far as being scary for a child I'd have to say it depends on the child. What might scare one kid will charm another. As long as you are fairly certain of how your recipient handles things, and don't think it would scare them, I'd go ahead and give it. Otherwise, I agree it would make a very cute computer companion!

Not that I'm OC or anything (snort!), but on thinking about this further, I think what may be causing some to see this as "scary" is the lack of proportion between the plushy body and the stick legs, arms and hair. It can make some people uncomfortable when it's a representation of a human, a bit of an unsettling feeling. If you decide to make another, you might try making corkscrew-like appendages and hair, and see if that doesn't go over better.

Thank you, everybody, your comments had me giggling and DH saying "told ya so!"

Fortunately she was never meant to be a cuddly doll and I love the way she sits on top of the 'puter speaker, her arm resting on top of the monitor and those scrawny legs, with oversize Mary Janes on her feet, just dangling in mid air. So she's staying here, I can't risk having her scare some little girl into nightmares about a stick doll drawing come to life!

Your doll is cute, a little too happy but I like it. I asked my niece what she thought of it,this is her>:scrachin and she said it was nice.

and her favorite question "Are you going to make me one" and my answer "after

christmas".I also asked her if she thought if it was scary and she said no.Btw,

she's 9 years old.:hug

She's cute, in a wierd sort of way. But I think things are cute that others think are scary (esp. when I get into anything I call wierd) and then get laughed at for fleeing miniscule spiders. What can I say? They wanted to eat me.

Personally I think she is adorable. My mom made us, my sister and I , something like that, only she used white tube socks and cut them down, gave her 'fat' braids and legs, and embroidered a face on it. They work great for holding barettes, hair clips and stuff like that.

Tonya

Archived