Felted Bucket Bag-finished!!

deneen

This is the felted bucket bag from marloscrochetcorner.com

I used about 10 ounces of some wool I had and a corker for the straps. I did run it through the washer twice to make it tighter.

I would like to add a leather toggle to it (anyone know where I can get one?????). If I can't find one, I'll look for a cool button or will take suggestions (LOL)

DSC00081.jpg This is before

DSC00084.jpgAfter two washings

I did a search on <a href="http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl=en&lr=&tab=wf&cat=372&q=%22toggle+buttons%22&btnG=Search+Froogle" target="_new">Froogle</a> and there are quite few places that sell toggle buttons. You can also try out <a href="http://www.umei.com/hb1/bamboo-toggle-buttons.htm" target="_new">UMEI</a> as well.

I think that from the looks of them, toggle buttons wouldn't be that hard to make yourself assuming you had the tools to put the holes in them. You could also make some using polymer clay and make them to match your bag.

Please post again once you've decided on the buttons. I'm interested in how the bag will look with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks for your help with the toggle. I took the straps off it though, it wasn't sitting right. Now I have 8 holes in the sides. I think I'll try and make it drawstring and figure out a handle. I am open to suggestions (pretty please........)

Guest gramhouse

Your bag is REALLY nice! I tried to buy one of the bag patterns off marlo's site but couldn't get it to work. I then emailed her but haven't heard anything. I am just dying to make and felt a purse but I need a pattern!!!! Pat:bang :ducky:help

I like that a lot. Once I start making some $$$ I will be buying wool so I can do that too. And it looks like your pursecan double as a beanie on a cold day!!!! 2 for 1 !!:bounce

Archived