Beaded Ornament

Katchkan

This ornament is done with size 40 thread and size 10 beads, Maybe next year I will do the whole tree with these. Not this year though, Not enough time. Hope you like.

Ornament.jpgOrnament1.jpg

Addie cat decided the photo box would make a better cat bed and tried to evict the ornament.

Addieornament.jpgAddieandOrnament.jpg

They do keep our live interesting. :manyheart

Beautiful, Kathy! I wanted to dress up our tree this year with crocheted ornaments but I don't have the time as I still got lots to bead and crochet. Next year I'll definitely start early......lol! Great work, as always! Cute kitty too! lol!

Wow!! Beautiful!!! Some day I will learn how to make those. I've looked at your site and can't find any patterns for these or for your soap buddies. Or other pictures of your other work. You do beautiful work!!! :manyheart

Wow!! Beautiful!!! Some day I will learn how to make those. I've looked at your site and can't find any patterns for these or for your soap buddies. Or other pictures of your other work. You do beautiful work!!! :manyheart

Thank you everyone for the nice comments, you are as always way too kind.

Homebody, you wont find the pattern for the ornament yet as I haven't written it. Wasn't sure anyone would want it. Most people don't like working with the smaller thread. Maybe I should think about writting it up?

As for the soap buddies, I have offered the soap kitty and pony pattern to Crochetville members. The rest I haven't released yet. Just PM me with an email address and I will send you a copy of the kitty and pony pattern.

Great ornament and very cute kitty! I always wondered how you got such great photos, I never thought of using a box!

We started using a light/photo tent/box to take pictures of the beaded purses. They are such a bear to take pictures of. They bounce the light all over the place. Makes it real difficult to get a good picture of them. We started out using a white lamp shade with the light shining through the sides. Worked pretty good. We then graduated to the light tent. It has been wonderful, Though Addie does think it should be a cat house. She loves to sleep in it.

For back ground I use the foam sheets you can get at the craft stores. No texture and matte finish. Of course DH takes the pictures I am a horrible photographer.

i have made myself a make shift light tent.. i havent seen one like the one you have.. where did you get it ?
Well Elizabeth, EBay of course. That is a small one I also have a larger one. They fold down to nothing.

This ornament is beautiful. I am just amazed at what thread + a crochet hook + a little creativity will bring. I would love this pattern, or at least a little insight on how to make my own. Great job:clap

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived