Ugliest thing ever!!! (Pic Added 1/20/05)

lauravee

I don't think it looks that bad... but my husband was walking by the computer, and said, "Oh, God, What is THAT?" and my son said, "You're not buying that, are you????" - Ah, some family members can be so cruel! I think the lighter strip looks kinda cool and the craftsmanship is superb! I love the handles... I say any fault lies with the yarn and how wonderful that mom likes it! Good for you. I've never even been brave enough to felt anything, but I was under the impression that you were supposed to use wool or something... I think, all in all, you done a good job!:hug

We all have those "bad" projects...meaning we think they are bad....but other people remind us they aren't that bad.

Hugs:hug for your stress!

Glad your mom likes...mine would never use a bag I made.

The colors aren't your fault...good job at felting and trying something new.

I love the way is looks!

*Note: woolease is not 100% wool

Solid, Heather, Twist: 80% acrylic, 20% wool·Sprinkles, Wheat, Mushroom, Rainbow Mist: 86% acrylic, 10% wool, 4% rayon·Glitter/Multi-colors: 78% acrylic, 19% wool, 3% polyester·Frosts: 70% acrylic, 20% wool, 10% polyamide·

Prints: 2.5 oz/70g (162 yd/146m) balls

80% acrylic, 20% wool

I used Landscapes when making a felted bag, but only as an accent couple of rows. It didn't felt a much as the surrounding regular wool yarn rows, and was kind of rippled to boot. It did work well to add a bit of unexpected :wink texture to the bag.....

I've also run into the problem of having two different dye lots. I usually put a 2 or 3 rows of a complimentary row in between them and people don't even see it (or they think I meant to do that!)

Archived